LibreOffice 6.0: Release Notes
- 1 About this page
- 2 Writer
- 3 Calc
- 4 Impress & Draw
- 5 Base
- 6 Chart
- 7 Math
- 8 BASIC
- 9 Core / General
- 10 Filters
- 11 GUI
- 12 Online
- 13 Android
- 14 Localization
- 15 Feature removal / deprecation
- 16 Platform Compatibility
- 17 API changes
About this page
This is an in-progress scratch-pad of notes to build release notes from as and when we release. Please do not list features that are to be shipped already in the 5.4 release! Please do not add wish-list features that you hope will be implemented, but only what actually is implemented already.
What does a good feature look like here:
- It has a description, and a way for a busy reviewer, to find and play with the feature. Target someone who is extremely busy, and knows little-to-nothing about the product. So if a user interface element is key to the feature, be very explicit about where it is, e. g. ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ paths to the elements you changed. Of course, you know your feature is important, and that everyone should care about the Extensible AutoShapes Properties dialog – but often the guys taking the screenshots and writing the notes do not.
- It credits the main authors who did the work – just add them in brackets after the feature, where possible.
- If the feature can be shown off with a sample / test file – particularly for new import-able features, it would be wonderful to have a link to/up-load of a test file that we can use to show that feature off to best effect. That really helps us to make good screenshots to show off the features, and allows reviewers to do their testing.
Thanks in advance for your help filling this out!
- Direct cursor: Add option to insert only spaces tdf#108427 (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB)
- Find toolbar: Add drop down list to change search type tdf#79167 (Jim Raykowski)
- Writer document as mail merge data source (Miklós Vajna, Collabora)
- Temporary connections created during mail merge are no longer stored tdf#108572 (Szymon Kłos, Collabora)
- Fixed handling of embedded DOC/DOCX/XLS/XLSX documents in DOC/DOCX documents tdf#108544, tdf#108545 (Szymon Kłos, Collabora)
- Import/export of ActiveX controls from/to OOXML format (Tamás Zolnai, Collabora)
- Added new command to select unprotected cells on protected or unprotected sheet. Located tdf#95883 (Gülşah Köse, Eike Rathke) ▸ ▸ .
- Pivot table interop fixes (Mike Kaganski (Collabora), Tamás Zolnai (Collabora), Bartosz Kosiorek)
New spreadsheet functions
Impress & Draw
- Implemented PPTM (PPTX with macros) export, and of the vba streams (Jan Holesovsky - Collabora)
- Embedded videos are now exported to PPTX tdf#106867 (Jan Holesovsky - Collabora)
Core / General
- Moving existing legacy parser contexts in sc and other modules to fast contexts and offloading unzipping and reading into a different thread (Mohammed Abdul Azeem)
- Implemented a new import filter from QuarkXPress v.3, v.4. For this was created library
- Improved SmartArt import filter (Grzegorz Araminowicz)
- On Standard toolbar was added new drop-down icon Insert Special characters, that replaced old icon Insert Special characters (Akshay Deep)
- Special characters dialog was reworked (Akshay Deep):
- Added field for search and filter of characters in table
- Added string with list of Recent characters
- Added string with list of Favorite characters
- Implemented context menu for symbol's table and lists with Recent and Favorite characters
- Customize dialog was reworked (Muhammet Kara) tdf#88896:
- Added field for search of function on each tab
- Cleaning up the source code
- Memory configuration page has been removed from Options dialog tdf#110448 (Mike Kaganski, Collabora).
- Thanks to the newly added real-time search/filter feature, you can now easily find what you are looking for among the large number of functions in tdf#63966 (Muhammet Kara, Heiko Tietze, Yousuf Philips) ▸ ▸ ▸ .
- Basic IDE main menu reorganized: some items were added, renamed and moved (commit 4378108d) (Lera Goncharuk)
- Ability to create a new document tdf#106325 (Gautam Prajapati)
- A tab based bottom toolbar with numerous formatting options tdf#106317 (Tomaž Vajngerl)
- Ability to load password-protected documents tdf#89175 (Ximeng Zu)
- Ability to insert pictures from taking photos, choosing local images, downloading cloud images (Google photos, Dropbox, etc.) with an option to compress the image or not tdf#106370 (Ximeng Zu)
- Page number on screen tdf#96764 (Ximeng Zu)
- Interactive Calc UI with row/column headers (Ximeng Zu)
- Header related functions e.g. insert/delete/hide/show/optimal width or height (Ximeng Zu)
- Presentation mode (Ximeng Zu)
New languages/locales with locale data
Incorporation of other languages
Improvements to proofing tools and language support
Feature removal / deprecation
- The Linux Quickstarter is removed.
The general build and runtime baselines for Linux, Windows and macOS are now documented in the README.md of the core repository.
- This releases requires at least OS X 10.9.
- Removed support for Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista SP2.
- The VCL plug for TDE integration is removed.
--script-catparameter to allow dumping VBA and StarBasic macros from files to the console (Michael Meeks - Collabora)