LibreOffice 6.0: Release Notes
- 1 About this page
- 2 Writer
- 3 Calc
- 4 Impress & Draw
- 5 Base
- 6 Chart
- 7 Math
- 8 BASIC
- 9 Core / General
- 10 Filters
- 11 GUI
- 12 Online
- 13 Localization
- 14 Feature removal / deprecation
- 15 Platform Compatibility
- 16 API changes
About this page
This is an in-progress scratch-pad of notes to build release notes from as and when we release. Please do not list features that are to be shipped already in the 5.3 release! Please do not add wish-list features that you hope will be implemented, but only what actually is implemented already.
What does a good feature look like here:
- It has a description, and a way for a busy reviewer, to find and play with the feature. Target someone who is extremely busy, and knows little-to-nothing about the product. So if a user interface element is key to the feature, be very explicit about where it is, e. g. ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ paths to the elements you changed. Of course, you know your feature is important, and that everyone should care about the Extensible AutoShapes Properties dialog – but often the guys taking the screenshots and writing the notes do not.
- It credits the main authors who did the work – just add them in brackets after the feature, where possible.
- If the feature can be shown off with a sample / test file – particularly for new import-able features, it would be wonderful to have a link to/up-load of a test file that we can use to show that feature off to best effect. That really helps us to make good screenshots to show off the features, and allows reviewers to do their testing.
Thanks in advance for your help filling this out!
- Direct cursor: Add option to insert only spaces tdf#108427 (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB)
- Added new command to select unprotected cells on protected or unprotected sheet. Located tdf#95883 (Gülşah Köse, Eike Rathke) ▸ ▸ .
New spreadsheet functions
Impress & Draw
Core / General
New languages/locales with locale data
Incorporation of other languages
Improvements to proofing tools and language support
Feature removal / deprecation
- This releases requires at least Mac OS X 10.9.
- Removed support for Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2.
- The Linux Quickstarter is removed.
- VCL plug for TDE integration is removed.
--script-catparameter to allow dumping VBA and StarBasic macros from files to the console (Michael Meeks - Collabora)