LibreOffice 6.0: 发行注记
- Direct cursor: Add option to insert only spaces tdf#108427 (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB)
- Find toolbar: Add drop down list to change search type tdf#79167 (Jim Raykowski)
- The main menu (top level) now has an entry “Form” tdf#91781 (Yousuf Philips)
- Page dialog: page orientation automatically adjusts based on manual input tdf#106890 (Heiko Tietze)
- Default column spacing (aka gutter) changed to 0.5cm tdf#67670 (Heiko Tietze)
- Support for split sections inside tables blog entry (Miklós Vajna, Collabora)
- New set of default numbering list styles tdf#106988 (Yousuf Philips)
- Improved input field behavior tdf#79877 (Bernhard Widl, CIB)
- double click on input field brings up old input fields dialog
- that dialog now starts at current field and has previous/next navigation
- Implement rotation of images in Writer to any angle tdf#73797 (Armin Le Grand, CIB)
This long requested feature (there are 20 year old reports) could now be implemented. It supports rotating Writer FlyFrames (e.g. inserted Graphics) freely around their center. UI elements to support this were added in various places (Dialog, Sidebar). Direct setting of rotation is extended to allow simple reset ('Reset Rotation'). A 'rotate' interactive mode was added to allow the same interactions as when Draw-Objects are selected. The interactive Cropping was adapted to work with rotated graphics (WYSIWIG). When a frame is used, it gets 'expanded' to the bounding rectangle of the rotated graphic (a feature to allow rotating with the Object is planned for the future). The text can wrap around a rotated Image using the existing 'Contour' feature ('Edit Contour') adding a whole rectangle covering the Image using the Contour-Editor (a single action, e.g. a Button, to do this in one step may be implemented to make this more accessible to the user). The following picture shows examples of this feature in action.
- Writer document as mail merge data source (Miklós Vajna, Collabora)
- Mail Merge now can use XLSX files as data source tdf#98168 (Miklós Vajna, Collabora)
- Temporary connections created during mail merge are no longer stored tdf#108572 (Szymon Kłos, Collabora)
- New default table style tdf#107554 (Yousuf Philips)
- Default table style applied to inserted tables tdf#107555 (Jim Raykowski)
- Default table border width changed to 0.5pt tdf#99027 (Yousuf Philips)
- Old collection of autoformat table styles were replaced with a new collection of table styles: Default, Academic, Box List Blue, Box List Green, Box List Red, Box List Yellow, Elegant, Financial, Simple Grid Columns, Simple Grid Rows, Simple List Shaded tdf#101349 (Andreas Kainz, Eike Rathke, Heiko Tietze, Yousuf Philips)
“Grammar By” spell checking
User dictionaries allow automatic affixation or compounding, supporting effective editing and technical dictionary creation in several languages. tdf#113739 (László Németh)
This is a general spell checking improvement of LibreOffice, but it can speed up especially the work of Writer users. Instead of manual handling of hundreds of correct word forms of a new word in a language with rich morphology or compounding, Hunspell spell checker will recognize the new user dictionary word with affixes or in compounds, too, based on a “Grammar By” model word. Screencasts about the usage: English, German.
For (a simplified English) example, on the following screen shot of the “Edit custom dictionary” window, the word “crowdfund” is the new word (missing from the American English dictionary), and “fund” is the model word in the new “Grammar By” field (this more common word is part of the Hunspell spell checking dictionary). This way, the new word “crowdfund” will be recognized with suffixes of the word “fund” automatically, too: crowdfund’s, crowdfunds, crowdfunder, crowdfunders and crowdfunding.
With “Grammar By” spell checking, it will be possible to create and handle technical dictionaries more easily, using existing user interface of custom dictionaries to switch on/off them, for example, medical, technological or other scientific dictionaries shipped with LibreOffice.
Note: this feature works only in language-dependent user dictionaries, so it needs to create one or modify the language of an existing one.
Using “Grammar By” field can help a language with simple morphology, too. The word forms of “emoji” show the original work of the user dictionaries. New automatic suffixation of the other English user words allows the recognition of 5 times more correct word forms: crowdfund, crowdfunds, crowdfund's, crowdfunder, crowdfunders, crowdfunding, hackerspace, hackerspaces, hackerspace’s, hackerspacing etc. But in a language with rich compounding, like German, or in an agglutinative language, like Hungarian (where a new word can have million different correct word forms: thousands of different suffixes multiplied by thousands of compound word forms), only using “Grammar By” feature can achieve effective user dictionaries creation and editing.
German example: adding the known root word “Gummi”, as a model to the new word “Litschi” (lychee), other word forms of the new word are also recognized by the spell checker: Litschis (lychees), Litschibaum (lychee tree), Litschibäume (lychee trees), Litschibaumes, Litschifrucht, Litschifrüchte, Litschisaft, Litschisamen, Litschischale, Litschipflaume etc.
- Pivot table interop fixes (Mike Kaganski (Collabora), Tamás Zolnai (Collabora), Bartosz Kosiorek)
- Default 2-entry color scale conditional formatting colors changed to Yellow and Green. tdf#86508 (Yousuf Philips)
- Enhanced "Links" dialog tdf#113807 (Serge Krot, CIB)
- Number format: accept English syntax keywords; some languages use localized keywords (AAAA for YYYY in French for instance). Now these languages can use English keywords to get valid format in any UI language tdf#33689 (Laurent Balland-Poirier)
- The main menu (top level) now has an entry “Styles” tdf#91820 (Yousuf Philips)
- A cell range selection or a selected group of shapes (images) can be exported to PNG or JPG graphics format with tdf#108317 (Eike Rathke (Red Hat, Inc.)) ▸ if the Selection checkbox is marked in the file dialog.
- The text/plain Unformatted text format results in unquoted/unescaped content as expected for external pastes. For single cell copy&paste embedded line breaks and tabs are preserved, for multiple cells they are replaced with spaces, effectively being a tab-separated-values (TSV) format. For intra-Calc on-cell pastes using the paste special toolbar button the Unformatted text [TSV-Calc] format can be used, which preserves embedded line breaks and tabs across multiple cells. tdf#113571 tdf#32213 (Eike Rathke (Red Hat, Inc.))
- Added "Paste unformatted text" command with its hot key Ctrl+⇧ Shift+Alt+V tdf#50746 (Serge Krot, CIB)
- Added new command to select unprotected cells on protected or unprotected sheet. Located tdf#95883 (Gülşah Köse, Eike Rathke) ▸ ▸ .
- If a tab is protected, the lock symbol (🔒︎) appears at the beginning of the tab name. tdf#95880 (Gülşah Köse, Eike Rathke)
- New ODFF1.2 compliant functions SEARCHB, FINDB and REPLACEB added (commit1, commit2, commit3). (Winfried Donkers)
- FINDB returns the starting position of a given text, using byte positions. FINDB is case sensitive.
- SEARCHB returns the starting position of a given text, using byte positions.
- REPLACEB returns text where an old text is replaced with a new text, using byte positions.
Impress 和 Draw
- Addition of 10 new Impress templates and improvement of two existing templates tdf#103317 (Ashisuto, Yousuf Philips, Heiko Tietze, Laurent BP)
- Removal of confirmation dialog when setting image as slide or page background (preferably make use of Slide masters to set for more/all slides) tdf#112650 (Heiko Tietze, Samuel Mehrbrodt)
- Set default slide format 16:9 tdf#93244 (Heiko Tietze)
- Duplicate dialog ⇧ Shift+F3:
- Better UI for handling layer attributes tdf#89130 (Ulrich Gemkow):
- ⇧ Shift+click: toggle visible/hidden layer, with name in blue (like in previous versions)
- Ctrl+click: lock/unlock layer with italic name
- Ctrl+⇧ Shift+click: printable/not printable layer with underline name
核心 / 通用
- Moving existing legacy parser contexts in sc and other modules to fast contexts and offloading unzipping and reading into a different thread (Mohammed Abdul Azeem)
- Added support for user icon themes via extension manager tdf#110742 (Caolán McNamara)
- Addition of Noto fonts (Noto Sans, Noto Serif, Noto Mono and others) tdf#103080 (Yousuf Philips)
- Addition of open source Hebrew fonts and new default order of Hebrew fonts tdf#113538 (Yousuf Philips)
- Addition of open source Arabic fonts tdf#113532 (Yousuf Philips)
- Removal of Open Sans and PT_Serif fonts tdf#103080 (Yousuf Philips)
- on all desktop platforms, you can now use OpenPGP keys to sign ODF documents. tdf#89037 (Katarína Behrens, Samuel Mehrbrodt, Thorsten Behrens - CIB)
- there is now (experimental) support for OpenPGP-based document encryption as well. On saving ODF documents, the file picker shows an extra checkbox to that effect
- you need auxiliary software to make use of that feature (LibreOffice will transparently merge available keys if you have the below installed):
- Classification (TSCP-based) now allows multiple policies
- In Writer the marking and signing at paragraph level are possible
- All this is also saved in Microsoft OOXML-format.
In previous LibreOffice versions when the user tried to save an embedded image through the "Save..." entry available in the context menu, the saved image was the original one more eventually applied filters (which are not removable).
Further applied transformations like rotations, cropping, color effects were not included in the saved image.
Starting from this release, LibreOffice offers the user to choose if saving the original image or the modified version through a simple pop-up dialog.
The new feature is available in Writer, Calc and Draw. (Marco Cecchetti, Collabora)
The visualization of Borders for Tables was largely redesigned/reimplemented for this release, enhancing display quality and unifying the core mechanisms for their graphical creation (basing them mostly on GraphicPrimitives). Matching and merging of overlapping corners is greatly improved, Multi-Line Borders are internally supported for more than three lines in the core. This Table Borders are used in various places - in Dialogs showing the Border Control Widget, in Writer Tables, in Draw/Impress Tables and (of course) in Calc itself. All of these support merged Cells which need to take incoming lines at merged edges into account correctly. Calc also has some 'extra' features like crossed lines and 'rotated' Cells.(Armin Le Grand, CIB)
Here is an example image which shows Tables from various Applications:
The old wikihelp has been replaced by the new help online. The new web pages are also displayable in a mobile device (Olivier Hallot. Web design by Ilmari Lauhakangas based on the initial designs of Beatriz Fonseca and further art direction by Andreas Kainz. Special thanks to Alfred Crosby for Paginathing and Kirollos Risk for Fuse).
- Assorted updates to the content and code. (Adolfo Jayme Barrientos, Caolán McNamara, Christian Lohmaier, Eike Rathke, Gábor Kelemen, Ilmari Lauhakangas, Jean Spiteri, Katarina Behrens, László Németh, Mike Kaganski, Olivier Hallot, Sanjaykumar Girishkumar Patel)
- Implemented a new import filter from QuarkXPress v.3, v.4. For this, the
libqxplibrary was created (Aleksas Pantechovskis).
- Implemented a new export filter to format EPUB from Writer. tdf#33226 [blog] (Miklos Vajna)
对 OOXML 筛选器的改进
- Improved SmartArt import filter (Grzegorz Araminowicz)
- Now diagrams without fallback DrawingML[note 1] data are better loaded and rendered. Implemented many new SmartArt properties and layout algorithms.
- Import/export of ActiveX controls from/to DOCX format tdf#50097, tdf#91384 (Tamás Zolnai, Collabora)
- Improved support embedded text documents (DOCX/DOC) and spreadsheets (XLSX/XLS) in files DOCX/DOC tdf#108544, tdf#108545 (Szymon Kłos, Collabora):
- Embedded file opens now on full screen
- In heading of open embedded file displayed now Name_file.docx (embedded document)
- Correctly load RTL text direction tdf#87533 (Serge Krot, CIB)
- Export into DOCX and DOC all character properties applied for fields tdf#38778 (Serge Krot, CIB)
- Do not lose DOCX combined-characters' font properties on roundtrip tdf#66401 (Andreas Brandner, CIB)
- Show digital signature status in signature line tdf#65393 (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB)
- Improved OOXML support in presentation files:
- Implemented PPTM (PPTX with macros) export, and of the vba streams (Jan Holesovsky, Collabora)
- Embedded videos are now exported to PPTX tdf#106867 (Jan Holesovsky, Collabora)
- DOCX export of cross-references to objects: tables, images, text frames and shapes tdf#42346 (Tamás Zolnai, Collabora)
- Use simple bookmarks and bookmark references similar how MS Word handles this kind of cross references
- Implemented all types of cross-references, except the chapter reference
- Export MailMerge fields to DOCX and DOC tdf#67207 (Mike Kaganski, Collabora)
- Improvements in the PPTX filter to prevent from creating broken files tdf#104788 tdf#112086 tdf#112088 tdf#112089 tdf#112333 tdf#112334 (Szymon Kłos, Collabora)
- Theme colors export was introduced in the PPTX (commit 98133504fde1e1b235c39e4bb3b72bb2ee0b7819) (Szymon Kłos, Collabora)
- Default text frame paddings are now exported correctly tdf#113399 (Tamás Zolnai - Collabora, privately sponsored)
- Preserve font attributes and size of chart's legend, during export to MS Office documents (eg. .xlsx and .docx) tdf#108066 tdf#114173 (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- Horizontal line imports with most attributes tdf#97648 (Justin Luth)
- Drop cap lines and spacing correctly imported tdf#109318 tdf#109319 (Justin Luth)
- Improvement to footnote character style import and export tdf#82173 tdf#109310 tdf#55427 (Justin Luth)
- Improvement to the import of strict OOXML tdf#79272 tdf#78508 tdf#82065 (Justin Luth)
对 EMF+ 格式导入的改进
Enhanced Metafile Format Plus (EMF+) import filters are used by .doc, docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt and .pptx file formats
- Complete rewrite of the EMF+ import filters (Armin Le Grand CIB, Patrick Jaap TU Dresden)
- Fix failure of displaying ChemDraw objects tdf#31814 (Patrick Jaap TU Dresden, Bartosz Kosiorek)
- Add support for EmfPlusRecordTypeFillRegion record tdf#113704 (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- Implement proper reading of the EmfPlusRegionNode record tdf#113704 (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- Add support for ResetClip record tdf#113707 (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- Add support to OffsetClip record tdf#113758 (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- Metafiles which were previously saved in the internal SVM (Star View Metafile) format are now accompanied by a PNG fallback graphic. This makes it easier for other ODF readers to display the graphics. (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB)
- All exported images are annotated with their mimetype in the ODF (attribute loext:mime-type on draw:image) (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB)
- Flat ODF now also has fallback graphics for SVG, PDF and Metafiles (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB)
- Text grid lines not enabled by default when attribute isn't set tdf#77961 (Mark Hung)
- When converting documents via command line, the target image format can now be chosen via the new
--convert-images-tocommand line parameter. See the output of
libreoffice --helpfor usage information. tdf#109202 (Katarina Behrens, Samuel Mehrbrodt - CIB)
- Images are now always exported in a browser-readable format (usually SVG or PNG). (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB)
对 Adobe Freehand 导入的改进
- Read more features: text on path, stroke patterns, arrows, paragraph attributes, custom line and fill styles, text effects. (Laurent Alonso)
- Fix rotation center of a textbox. (Laurent Alonso)
MS Visio 导入的改进
- Consider stencil txtxform in binary formats. tdf#67914 (Fridrich Strba)
- Parse font width scaling. (Fridrich Strba)
- Accept documents produced by lucidchart.com. tdf#98791 (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Output shape ID if set. (Fridrich Strba)
- Fix parsing of text block background color in some cases. (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Write bitmaps with color palette correctly. (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Deduce text encoding from font name. (Fridrich Strba)
- Parse theme fill and shadow color. (Fridrich Strba)
- Parse font scheme in VSDX documents. (Fridrich Strba)
MS Publisher 导入的改进
- Parse table row and column sizes. tdf#89061 (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Extract more metadata from documents. (Miklos Vajna)
- Handle table cells containing multiple paragraphs correctly. tdf#89393 (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Parse more text formatting attributes: all underline types, small caps, all caps, outline, emboss, engrave, shadow. (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Parse text language. (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
Adobe Pagemaker 导入的改进
- Fix parsing of page dimensions in Mac documents. (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Fix parsing of color tint in Mac documents. tdf#109126 (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Fix parsing of text formatting attributes in Mac documents. (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Properly handle all caps and small caps. (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Parse more text & paragraph formatting attributes. (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Set default page margins. tdf#94162 (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Use document language as default language for text. (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Use note title as footnote mark. (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Handle subscript and superscript. (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Output content of <code> in monospace font. (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Parse paragraph and cell borders. (Laurent Alonso)
- Improve parsing of lists. (Laurent Alonso)
- Parse fields. tdf#74466 (Laurent Alonso)
- Parse floating (not inline) images. tdf#74463 (Laurent Alonso)
- Parse text boxes. (Laurent Alonso)
- Set minimal width/height of inline images (which usually do not have dimensions set in the file) to 1 inch. tdf#74462 (David Tardon, Red Hat, Inc.)
Apple Keynote 导入的改进
- Improve reconstruction of gradients. (Laurent Alonso)
- Parse non-RGB colors. (Laurent Alonso)
- Convert table cell values to text. (Laurent Alonso)
Apple Pages 导入的改进
- Handle following-paragraph and following-layout styles. (Laurent Alonso)
- Improve lookup of parent styles. (Laurent Alonso)
- Never insert a page break in a footnote. (Laurent Alonso)
- Convert table cell values to text. (Laurent Alonso)
Apple Numbers 导入的改进
- Correctly compute cell row and column. (Laurent Alonso)
- Improve resolution of cell styles. (Laurent Alonso)
- Improve handling of table border lines. (Laurent Alonso)
Quattro Pro 导入的改进
- Fix reading of formulas with references. (Laurent Alonso)
- Parse Quattro Pro for Windows 1.0-6.0 files (.wb1, .wb2). (Laurent Alonso)
- Parse charts. (Laurent Alonso)
- Height of tab bar in Calc adjusts to system font size/resolution (commit 21ccc64782f485f4fce7cd645f24dabb4b6eb985) (Bernhard Widl, CIB)
- Upper limit of user interface font size removed (was capped in relation to screen height) (tdf#113444) (Bernhard Widl, CIB)
- Hidden in the Standard toolbar is a new drop-down version of the Insert Special Characters button (commit 800ac37021e3f8859a52c5eebca261a5d3bc5a11, commit 07cd70c86c8919107ef02dc12ea23ae8d72d5a1a)(Akshay Deep, Yousuf Philips)
- The elementary icon theme, previously exclusive to Xubuntu, has been made available and was improved on commit 2488e44d525bf37ae59aad0ea49950e7cf53b7df, commit 82957288eaf6454f25b91f2e624b44c692f197cc, commit a6ee721868f444049bf9af59e2cf43ae10502fa8, commit 4b5751dd0b08d5fe55f89513ea1062f059c493c7 (Andreas Kainz, Yousuf Philips)
- Special characters dialog was reworked tdf#34882 (Akshay Deep, GSoC 2017; Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB; Heiko Tietze; Yousuf Philips)
- Added search field to filter symbol's table
- Added list of Recent characters
- Added list of Favorite characters
- Implemented context menu for symbol's table and Recent and Favorite characters lists
- It is now easier than ever to customize LibreOffice UI based on your needs, thanks to improved user experience and accessibility of the newly reworked Customize dialog (tdf#88896 (Muhammet Kara (Pardus), GSoC 2017; Katarína Behrens, CIB; Heiko Tietze; Yousuf Philips)
- The Menus, Toolbars, and Context Menus tabs have been revamped to provide a modern and intuitive design which is highly accessible and user friendly.
- With the well-established two-pane design of the revamped dialog, it is possible to customize toolbars, menus, and context menus following a nice work-flow, without leaving the dialog.
- A search box has also been introduced to filter the functions which can be assigned to UI elements, so you can easily and quickly find exactly what you are looking for without navigating through a list of too many categories and functions. The Keyboard tab has also got the new search box. tdf#63966
- Last but not least improvement is the cleaned-up and re-factored code under the hood, which eliminates some bugs of the past and prepares for the features of the future.
- Calc : Width and height of page style scaling mode "Fit print range(s) to width/height" can now be set to unspecified tdf#113455 (Caolán McNamara).
- Accessibility bugs were fixed in many dialogs tdf#113880 (Yousuf Philips).
- Memory configuration page has been removed from Options dialog tdf#110448 (Mike Kaganski, Collabora).
- Basic IDE main menu reorganized: some items were added, renamed and moved (commit 4378108d 4378108d06996e3ae11dded572e52fc22b5ff432) (Lera Goncharuk)
- New variant of Notebookbar - Groupedbar Full for Writer, Calc and Impress (experimental feature) tdf#106035 (Andreas Kainz, Yousuf Philips)
- New variant of Notebookbar - Tabbed Compact for Writer (experimental feature) tdf#107237 (Andreas Kainz, Yousuf Philips)
LibreOffice Online 云端版本
- Use seccomp’s Berkley Packet Filters to drastically restrict the kernel APIs surface available to our contained document processes (Michael Meeks, Ashod Nakashian, Collabora)
- Support for hashed admin passwords, and loolconfig tool (Michael Meeks, Pranav Kant, Jan Holesovsky, Collabora)
- New authorization method via a custom http header via WOPI (Jan Holesovsky, Collabora)
- Extended document conversion API (Jan Holesovsky, Collabora)
- New Insert Special Characters dialog (Henry Castro, Collabora)
- State of the Change tracking is now visible in the menu via check marks (Pranav Kant, Collabora)
- Improved animation of the comments (Henry Castro, Collabora)
- Content Security Policy now includes the Referer too, for easier integration in multi-host environments (Pranav Kant, Collabora)
- New file types that can be edited were added or improved, including PDF and HTML (Ashod Nakashian, Collabora)
- Support for avatars: The integrators can specify a pictures / avatars for the users of the documents via WOPI extension. (Ashod Nakashian, Pranav Kant, Collabora)
- Find & replace dialog (in addition to the previously available Search functionality) (Aditya Dewan, GSoC)
- Support for custom buttons in the toolbar (Pranav Kant, Collabora)
- Automatic detection of links in the comments (Pranav Kant, Collabora)
- Improvements in the Admin Console (Aditya Dewan, GSoC)
- list of users of a given document
- indication whether documents are modified
- Switch to follow the editor in the list of users (Aditya Dewan, GSoC)
- Better handling of conflict between editing and uploading documents (Pranav Kant, Collabora)
- Spell checking support in all Writer, Calc and Impress (Michael Meeks, Henry Castro, Collabora)
- Status bar indicates the current language (Henry Castro, Collabora)
- Save As support + document name in the user interface (Aditya Dewan, Jan Holesovsky, Collabora)
- Improved user experience of the startup - menu and toolbar show already before the document is loaded (Henry Castro, Collabora)
- Interactive horizontal ruler (Aditya Dewan, GSoC)
- Increased amount of rows available in the Online Calc to half million (Marco Cecchetti, Collabora)
- Active cell reference (Name Box) (Marco Cecchetti, Collabora)
- Basic editing of charts (Marco Cecchetti, Collabora)
- Ability to create a new document tdf#106325 (Gautam Prajapati)
- A tab-based bottom toolbar with numerous formatting options tdf#106317 (Tomaž Vajngerl)
- Ability to load password-protected documents tdf#89175 (Ximeng Zu)
- Ability to insert pictures from taking photos, choosing local images, downloading cloud images (Google photos, Dropbox, etc.) with an option to compress the image or not tdf#106370 (Ximeng Zu)
- Page number on screen tdf#96764 (Ximeng Zu)
- Interactive Calc UI with row/column headers (Ximeng Zu)
- Row related functions e.g. insert/delete/hide/show/optimal width or height (Ximeng Zu)
- Presentation mode (Ximeng Zu)
New languages/locales with locale data
Additional languages in the language list
Available for text attribution.
- Fon [fon-BJ]. tdf#113835 (Eike Rathke, Red Hat, Inc.)
Incorporation of other languages
Improvements to proofing tools and language support
- Albanian. A new spelling dictionary is available, based on linguistic tools created by Luan Kelmendi. (Lior Kaplan and Áron Budea)
- Arabic. In locales that use the ٫ U+066B ARABIC DECIMAL SEPARATOR, the normal dot . can be used as a decimal separator alternative for input. tdf#81671 (Eike Rathke, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Breton. The spelling dictionary was updated to version 0.15. (Denis Arnaud and András Tímár)
- Bulgarian. The hyphenator was updated to version 2017.09.30 to correct hyphenation points in short words, provide many more for longer words, account for rule changes in the language, and update its encoding to UTF-8. tdf#112750 (Stoyan Dimitrov and Hristo Hristov)
- English (Australian, Canadian, British and US). Updated dictionaries to version 2017.08.24. (Marco A. G. Pinto and Kevin Atkinson)
- Tibetan. The spelling dictionary was updated to version 0.4. tdf#112065 (Elie Roux and Áron Budea)
- Hungarian. The spelling dictionary and Lightproof module were updated tdf#95024 (László Németh)
- Spanish. The spelling dictionary was updated to version 2.2. (Ricardo Palomares)
- Slovenian. The thesaurus was updated. (Martin Srebotnjak)
Feature removal / deprecation
The Linux Quickstarter is removed.
- Internal file pickers removed (access is still possible via tdf#114484 ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ )
- 3D model support in Impress tdf#103884
The general build and runtime baselines for Linux, Windows and macOS are now documented in the README.md of the core repository.
- This releases requires at least macOS 10.9.
- Removed support for Windows XP and Windows Vista. The minimum supported Windows version is now Windows 7 SP1.
- Program installation folder in Windows no longer contains a version number, just \LibreOffice\. tdf#62303 (Mike Kaganski, Collabora) [note 2]
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable installation with LibreOffice installer is restored. Due to changes in the redistributable, it is now installed in the separate process, after other LibreOffice components had been installed, and requires separate UAC confirmation. It is not installed when LibreOffice is installed in unattended mode (e.g., using command line switches, or using AD GPO), and in this case, separate installation of the redistributable is required (the redistributable is available from Microsoft website, and redistributable's bitness (32- or 64-bit) must match LibreOffice's bitness).
Removed configuration options
The following configuration schemas were removed:
--script-catparameter to allow dumping VBA and StarBasic macros from files to the console (Michael Meeks, Collabora)
UNO API changes
The following UNO interfaces and services were removed:
com.sun.star.xml.crypto.XMLEncryptionwas unused and removed commit 2303d4f1a2b7e25fe864323adeec398057cebe72
com.sun.star.resource/XResourceBundleLoaderwere removed as part of the migration from the legacy binary resource file format to gettext commit 00657aef09d854c74fb426a935a3e8b1fc390bb0
The following UNO interfaces and services were changed:
com.sun.star.security.XDocumentDigitalSignaturescommit 4f6bf3d64cf3fcbe92be3ceb4b572ad038c131a8 commit b6d6591fafb8ad2e59a27ff1ac6b234d879b4cf7
- various previously unstable methods were published commit f70e0ec6b3c61a7c7caa469949b0ac8016c89854 and C99 types "bool" and "uint64_t" were replaced with pre-C99 types "int" and "unsigned long long" commit 5bcc79e825d542c40c9ee0f48d1d72ea9aa53c54
- DrawingML is a language for defining graphical objects such as pictures, shapes, charts, and diagrams within OOXML documents.
- tdf#92245 NOTE: If a sysadmin has installed shared extensions for all users (under \LibreOffice 5.0\), they will need to be re-installed one more time when version 6.0 is deployed.