LibreOffice 6.1: Release Notes
- 1 About this page
- 2 Writer
- 3 Calc
- 4 Impress & Draw
- 5 Base
- 6 Chart
- 7 Math
- 8 BASIC
- 9 Core / General
- 10 Filters
- 11 GUI
- 12 Online
- 13 Localization
- 14 Feature removal / deprecation
- 15 Platform Compatibility
- 16 API changes
About this page
This is an in-progress scratch-pad of notes to build release notes from as and when we release. Please do not list features that are to be shipped already in the 6.0 release! Please do not add wish-list features that you hope will be implemented, but only what actually is implemented already.
What does a good feature look like here:
- It has a description, and a way for a busy reviewer, to find and play with the feature. Target someone who is extremely busy, and knows little-to-nothing about the product. So if a user interface element is key to the feature, be very explicit about where it is, e. g. ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ paths to the elements you changed. Of course, you know your feature is important, and that everyone should care about the Extensible AutoShapes Properties dialog – but often the guys taking the screenshots and writing the notes do not.
- It credits the main authors who did the work – just add them in brackets after the feature, where possible.
- If the feature can be shown off with a sample / test file – particularly for new import-able features, it would be wonderful to have a link to/up-load of a test file that we can use to show that feature off to best effect. That really helps us to make good screenshots to show off the features, and allows reviewers to do their testing.
Thanks in advance for your help filling this out!
New spreadsheet functions
Impress & Draw
- Draw's menus were reorganized and with the addition of a new Page menu. tdf#95827 (Yousuf Philips)
- The ODBC, JDBC and Firebird SDBC drivers/bridges previously applied named parameter substitution (for ODBC and JDBC: when enabled) to all SQL commands, including those that were tagged in the GUI as "execute SQL command directly", thereby not preserving the SQL command exactly as typed. Named parameter substitution now is applied only to SQL queries that are generated from a LibreOffice SQL parse tree, leaving "execute SQL command directly" commands completely untouched.
Core / General
- Exposed various dialogs in LibreOffice core to browser. Some screenshots.
- Following dialogs enriching user's editing experience
- Find & Replace (Previous dialog written in JS is removed)
- Edit Style
- Hyperlink Dialog
- Special Character Dialog (Previous dialog written in JS is removed)
- Index Entry
- Bullets & Numbering
- Table properties dialog
- Spelling & Grammar dialog
- Word Count dialog
- Ability to add autofilter
- Ability to filter items via autofilter popup
- Format Cell Dialog is available
In this new release it is possible to collapse or expand any group of columns or rows with a simple click.
Groups are organized in levels and a levels header (for both column and row groups) is available in the top-left corner of the outline. By clicking on a levels header entry, groups belonging to the relative level are collapsed or expanded altogether.
- Following object & shape dialogs are added
- Position & Size
- Line dialog
- Area dialog
New languages/locales with locale data
Incorporation of other languages
Improvements to proofing tools and language support
Feature removal / deprecation
UNO API changes
- The unused macro
SAL_CALL_ELLIPSEhas been removed from