- 1 Sources
- 2 Documentation Team Weekly Meeting
- 3 Preface
- 4 Introducing Calc
- 5 Entering, Editing, and Formatting Data.
- 6 Using Charts and Graphs.
- 7 Using Styles and Templates.
- 8 Using Graphics in Calc.
- 9 Printing, Exporting, & E-mailing.
- 10 Formulas and Functions.
- 11 Using Pivot Tables.
- 12 Data Analysis.
- 13 Linking Calc Data
- 14 Sharing and Reviewing.
- 15 Calc Macros
- 16 Calc as a Simple Database
- 17 Setting Up & Customizing Calc
- 18 Appendix A - Keyboard Shortcuts.
- 19 Appendix B - Calc Functions.
- 20 Appendix C - Calc Error Codes.
- 21 Out of Topics
Documentation Team Weekly Meeting
Our documentation team meeting takes place every Monday at 18:00 CET (Berlin time).
We will use the following JITSI meeting room: https://meet.jit.si/tdfdocteam
The meeting room is supposed to work will all browsers without the need of a specific plugin.
The documentation pad for the minute is http://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/documentation
Main recurring topics
- Check & balance of the task assigned
- Issues found, Q&A
- continuation of the topics evaluation for 6.x
- Improvements in Calc 4.2:Right-click context menu on bottom left scrollbar arrows to switch sheets (Caolán McNamara)
- Improvements in Calc 4.3 : Number selected rows and columns in status bar. When selecting cells, the number of selected rows and columns is shown in the status bar. tdf#64290 (Manmeet Singh)
- Improvements in Calc 4.3: Sheet tab area: when expanding the space available for sheet tabs make better use of that. (Michael Meeks)
- Improvements in Calc 4.3: Start cell edit with content of cell above: Allow starting of cell edit with the content of the cell above it as its initial content. It is bound to the Ctrl+' (single quote) key by default. (Note: On some locales this keyboard shortcut may conflict with the system default shortcuts. If the default shortcut does not work due to conflict, bind it to a different shortcut). (Kohei Yoshida)
- Improvements in Calc 4.4:Toolbar improvements. The “Standard” and “Formatting” toolbars were reorganized by removing uncommonly used commands and replacing them with frequent features, in order to reduce the need for users to hunt through menus or customize toolbars. Additional buttons have been added to the toolbars, but are hidden by default and can be enabled by using the toolbar right-click context menu “Customize Toolbar...” option or Tools ▸ Customize.... tdf#85594 (Yousuf Philips)
- Improvements in Calc 4.4: Sheet context menu. The right-click context menu that appear for managing sheets now has icons for sheet operations. tdf#86476 (Yousuf Philips)
- ReleaseNotes-4.4 Technical Dictionary:Technical Dictionary. Various updates have been made to the technical dictionary. New Ubuntu and Debian release names have been added, as well as more Operating System names. Additionally, Obsolete Ubuntu release names (before Ubuntu 10.04 LTS) were removed from the technical dictionary.
- ReleaseNotes-4.4 Media file formats: Media file formats. More media file types are now accessible from Insert ▸ Audio/Video: Real Audio (.ra), Real Media (.rm), Digital Video (.dv), Audio Codec (.ac3), Ogg Opus (.opus), Advanced Systems (.asf), MPEG Audio (.m4a). tdf#82994 (Daniel Sikeler and Caolán McNamara)
- ReleaseNotes-4.4 Context menu changes: Context menu changes.Cut, Copy and Paste actions are now at the top of the context menu. tdf#71770 tdf#84293 (Jeffrey Stedfast, Xamarin; Yousuf Philips)
- ReleaseNotes-4.4 Edit / Read-only mode: Edit / Read-only mode. LibreOffice will now display an infobar to indicate visibly when a document is being opened in read-only mode. This infobar replaces the “Edit file” icon in the main toolbar, as its labeling and usage patterns proved confusing for users. Activation and deactivation of read-only mode is also available from within the menu Edit ▸ Edit Mode or through the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+⇧ Shift+M. tdf#80538 tdf#80536 (Yousuf Philips, Samuel Mehrbrodt and Joren De Cuyper)
Entering, Editing, and Formatting Data.
- Improvements in Calc 4.2: Implemented 'Find All' also in case of 'search in all sheets' option - creates a dialog describing matching cells tdf#39881 (Matúš Kukan)
- Improvements in Calc 4.4: Simplification of Special Character dialog. Special characters are now added to an editable field so special characters can be inserted/removed at the location of the cursor in the field. tdf#64302 tdf#85907 (Szymon Kłos; Adolfo Jayme Barrientos)
Using Charts and Graphs.
- Release notes 4.2 Chart: Chart.
-Import charts from xlsx which don't have proper references but have internal data (Muthu Subramanian) -Toolbar buttons for vertical/horizontal grids change behavior to variate grid between major, major&minor and off. tdf#66422 (Tomaž Vajngerl) -Trend lines enhancements:
Support more than one trend line per series (Tomaž Vajngerl) Force intercept for trend lines tdf#40314 (Tomaž Vajngerl) Extrapolation of trend lines tdf#40316 (Tomaž Vajngerl) Polynomial trend lines tdf#35712 (Tomaž Vajngerl) Moving average trend lines tdf#40315 (Tomaž Vajngerl)
- Release notes 4.3 Chart: Chart. Property Mapping: Added property mapping functionality for charts, allowing to change data series properties based on spreadsheet values. For more details see this blog entry (Markus Mohrhard)
Using Styles and Templates.
Using Graphics in Calc.
- Release notes 4.4 Drawing objects: Drawing objects. You can move only the point next to the rectangle in "line callout" drawings, with ⇧ Shift key pressed. (Matúš Kukan, Collabora)
- Release notes 4.4 Image scaling:*Release notes 4.4: Image scaling. Images are now scaled proportionally by default in Calc and Impress/Draw as they were already in Writer. tdf#83808 (Samuel Mehrbrodt)
Printing, Exporting, & E-mailing.
- Release notes 4.4 Digitally signed PDF export: Digitally signed PDF export. PDF's generated by LibreOffice can now be digital signed directly from LibreOffice during the export. It works on Windows, OS X, and Linux, and on Windows, the built-in certificate functionality is used to store your certificates for signing. (Gökçen Eraslan - 2012, Markus Wernig - Wilhelm Tux, fund raising, Tor Lillqvist - Collabora)
Formulas and Functions.
- Improvements 4.2 Calc: Extend formula range from all corners tdf#67592 (Tomaž Vajngerl)
- Improvements 4.2 Calc: Random number generation (Edit ▸ Fill ▸ Random Number...) tdf#66477 (Tomaž Vajngerl).
- Improvements 4.2 Calc: Statistics functions Data ▸ Statistics (alternative to Excel's Add-in "Analysis ToolPak") tdf#66477 (Tomaž Vajngerl): Sampling , Descriptive Statistics , Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) , Correlation , Covariance , Exponential Smoothing ,
- Improvements 4.2 Calc: Formula engine:
Added WEBSERVICE and FILTERXML spreadsheet functions for access to web data. (Markus Mohrhard) Added LEFTB, LENB, MIDB and RIGHTB spreadsheet functions working on DBCS double byte character strings. (Zhang Lu) Added COVARIANCE.P and COVARIANCE.S spreadsheet functions for MS-Excel interoperability. tdf#70000 (Winfried Donkers) Added STDEV.P and STDEV.S spreadsheet functions for MS-Excel interoperability. tdf#44134 (Winfried Donkers) Added VAR.P and VAR.S spreadsheet functions for MS-Excel interoperability. tdf#61002 (Winfried Donkers) Added BETA.DIST and BETA.INV spreadsheet functions for MS-Excel interoperability. tdf#71008 (Winfried Donkers) Added BINOM.DIST and BINOM.INV spreadsheet functions for MS-Excel interoperability. tdf#71081 (Winfried Donkers) Added CONFIDENCE.NORM and CONFIDENCE.T spreadsheet functions for MS-Excel interoperability. tdf#71350 (Winfried Donkers) Added F.DIST, F.DIST.RT, F.INV, F.INV.RT and F.TEST spreadsheet functions for MS-Excel interoperability. tdf#71436 (Winfried Donkers) Added EXPON.DIST, HYPGEOM.DIST, POISSON.DIST and WEIBULL.DIST spreadsheet functions for MS-Excel interoperability. tdf#71722 (Winfried Donkers) Added CHISQ.DIST, CHISQ.DIST.RT, CHISQ.INV, CHISQ.INV.RT,CHISQ.TEST, commit. (Winfried Donkers) Improved CRITBINOM spreadsheet function to handle large sample quantities. (Winfried Donkers) Added a new formula interpreter to enable massive parallel calculations of formula cells using GPU via OpenCL. (Kohei Yoshida, Tor Lillqvist, Michael Meeks, Markus Mohrhard, AMD, MultiCoreWare)
- Improvements 4.3 Calc: Random number generation:In random number generation dialog box Edit ▸ Fill ▸ Random Number, now user can optionally limit the number of decimal places in the generated random number. tdf#76718 (Tomaž Vajngerl)
- Improvements 4.3 Calc: Smarter highlighting of cell in a formula: Border highlight on multiple instances of the same cell, when selecting a formula, now get same color. After calculating a long formula, the cells can be easily referenced with the formula, as they get the same color i.e., the highlight of the cell and the name of the cell in the formula. tdf#52461 (Rachit Gupta)
- Improvements 4.3 Calc: Formula engine:
Added GAMMA.DIST, GAMMA.INV and GAMMALN.PRECISE spreadsheet functions for Excel interoperability. tdf#71936 (Winfried Donkers) Added LOGNORM.DIST, LOGNORM.INV, NORM.DIST, NORM.INV, NORM.S.DIST and NORM.S.INV spreadsheet functions for Excel interoperability. tdf#72158 (Winfried Donkers) Added T.DIST, T.DIST.2T, T.DIST.RT, T.INV, T.INV.2T and T.TEST spreadsheet functions for Excel interoperability. tdf#72793 (Winfried Donkers) Added PERCENTILE.EXC, PERCENTILE.INC, PERCENTRANK.EXC, PERCENTRANK.INC, QUARTILE.EXC, QUARTILE.INC, RANK.EQ and RANK.AVG spreadsheet functions for Excel interoperability. tdf#73146 (Winfried Donkers) Added MODE.SNGL, MODE.MULT, NEGBINOM.DIST and Z.TEST spreadsheet functions for Excel interoperability. tdf#72197 (Winfried Donkers) Added FLOOR.PRECISE, CEILING.PRECISE and ISO.CEILING spreadsheet functions for Excel interoperability. tdf#71720 (Winfried Donkers, Eike Rathke) Added NETWORKDAYS.INTL and WORKDAY.INTL spreadsheet functions for Excel interoperability. tdf#73147 (Winfried Donkers) Added ERF.PRECISE and ERFC.PRECISE spreadsheet functions for Excel interoperability. tdf#73149 (Winfried Donkers)
- Improvements 4.3 Calc: Statistics Wizard (alternative to Excel's Add-in "Analysis ToolPak"). In Statistics Wizard Data ▸ Statistics
added Two factor Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) (Tomaž Vajngerl) added F-test. tdf#74663 (Tomaž Vajngerl) added t-test. tdf#74668 (Tomaž Vajngerl)
- Improvements 4.4 Calc: Statistics Wizard (alternative to Excel's Add-in "Analysis ToolPak")
In Statistics Wizard in Data ▸ Statistics: Added Quartile in Descriptive statistics. tdf#81801 (Tomaž Vajngerl, Collabora) Added z-test. tdf#74669 (Tomaž Vajngerl, Collabora) Added Chi square test. tdf#76868 (Tomaž Vajngerl, Collabora)
- Improvements 4.4 Calc: Direct conversion of formulas into static values
A new feature was added to convert formula cells into static values (via the menu Tools ▸ Cell Contents ▸ Formula to Value). Previously, you would need to cut the cells and paste them back into place to have the same outcome. (Kohei Yoshida, Collabora)
Using Pivot Tables.
- Improvements 4.3 Calc : Pivot Table layout improvement. "Data" field is now on columns by default, and can be moved to rows if needed. This makes it much faster to generate useful pivot tables from large data sources. tdf#77927 (Tomaž Vajngerl)
- Improvements 4.3 Calc :Enable CoinMP solver: Previously LibreOffice shipped the lpsolve solver, now we can build both the lpsolve and coin-mp solvers. (Matúš Kukan)
Linking Calc Data
Sharing and Reviewing.
Calc as a Simple Database
Setting Up & Customizing Calc
- Improvements in Calc 4.3 : User selectable text conversion models. Under Tools ▸ Options ▸ LibreOffice Calc ▸ Formula in Detailed calculation settings ▸ Custom ▸ Details the user can select how textual cell content shall be treated in arithmetic operations. See also this blog entry for some details. tdf#37132 and tdf#75834 related (Eike Rathke)
- Release notes 4.4 Firefox Themes : Firefox Themes. New browser for Firefox themes with search and preview. (Rachit Gupta, 2014)
- Release Notes 4.4 Firefox Themes : Firefox themes now apply also to bottom toolbars. tdf#59299 (Michael Jaumann, )
- Release Notes 4.4 Icon improvements : Icon improvements. New and improved icons have been added to the Tango, Sifr, and Oxygen icon themes. tdf#75256 tdf#75359 (Mirek Mazel; Yousuf Philips; Matthias Freund; Alexander Wilms; and Adolfo Jayme Barrientos) . Large icons are shown by default on Windows, as they are on Linux and Mac OS. tdf#82309 (Jan Holešovský, Collabora; and Yousuf Philips)