|Meeting of the QA Team|
|Date and Time (UTC)||2014-01-27 19:30 UTC|
|G+ Hangout||[ This Meeting]|
|Talkyoo Room Number||537138|
Agenda + Minutes
Before we Start
A few minutes before we officially start the call, we'll try to have a few people on hand to help assist newbies set up their teleconferencing gear, get things muted, and log on to all of our communication channels:
Put start time and attendees list in the table
The State of QA
Including any Opening Discussion
- T-shirts update:
- More T-shirts delivered to: Münch
- Still en-route to:
- Hackert, Mandal, Viehöver
- None of the recipients will be at FOSDEM (waiting for now).
- BugHunting Session 4.2.0
- Bjoern: update re: Kiva gift cards?
- December 30th: 781
- Today (27th): 774
- Difference: -7
Topics for ESC?
Does anyone have any topics/concerns that I should bring to the Engineering Steering Committee (ESC)? (Robinson)
I'm going to bring up the following bugs:
- (Perhaps more a11y bugs?)
PENDING ITEM: QA Team working with Local Teams
- [DONE] ACTION: Sophie will plan another (4.2) meeting -- with Native-Lang teams -- for January
PENDING ITEM: Bugzilla Migration etc.
- ACTION: Robinson will work on a new lobster mascot for our Bugzilla
- ACTION: Robinson/Cloph will talk to Tollef about next steps in Bugzilla migration
- Waiting to hear back from Tollef
- ACTION: Get Tollef to activate voting on FDO (merged item)
- ACTION: Get Tollef to add BOLD statement to each FDO mail sent out to not reply via mail (merged item)
- ACTION: Get Tollef to clarify 'version' label in Bugzilla (merged item)
- ACTION: Will track the filed bug and wait to hear updates (re: Bold statement on FDO mail)
PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories
- ACTION: Make combined bibisect repo available for testing (Robinson)
- Robinson working on bibisect docs
- Canonical bibisect repo is down/up?
- IDEA: Add bibisect into regular Developer workflow
- IDEA: Create graph/tool to show which builds contain a given commit
PENDING ITEM: GUI for Bibisect
- ACTION: Punt on implementation until after we have bibisect repos up and running (All)
- Florian is working on a Windows-only version
PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages
- ACTION: Robinson will ping chs/website list to make sure the feedback page is styled per the site redesign
- Jan 16 - Reminded again (mentioned slight regression in functionality)
- [DONE] ACTION: Joel will make the commit changing the url in LibreOffice (and ask for it to target 4.2.0)
- Feedback page in new mockup
- NL versions (bug #?)
PENDING ITEM: EOL, Release series, and Stable versions
- [DONE] ACTION: Robinson will plead our case re: user-choice in updater to the Supreme Court of Steering Engineers
- e.g. a drop-down (ala Debian) to select 'stable', 'testing', or 'unstable'
PENDING ITEM: QA Input into website redesign
- ACTION: Sophie/Robinson - Keep QA in the loop re: updates to QA pages
Website Redesign Mockups:
PENDING ITEM: Start Center and Sidebar Concerns
- ACTION: Robinson will get an update on the latest progress here from Stuart/a11y Team
- ACTION: If you try to use LibreOffice without a mouse (and using a screen reader), how is the experience? (Everyone)
- More feedback, please!
Relevant tracker bugs:
PENDING ITEM: Fix Bugzilla attachment MIME-type problems
- [CANCELLED] ACTION: Rob/Joren will work to finish our MIME-type-fixing script!
- Improvements from last meeting?
PENDING ITEM: Introduction video to LibreOffice QA
- ACTION: Mock something up/have something to show for next QA Meeting (Robinson, Joren)
PENDING ITEM: Planning Regular QA Events
- ACTION: Joel will come up with a timeframe for future Bug Hunting Sessions/Triage Contests, with rationale.
- Let's try to have an event every 6 months
PENDING ITEM: Daily builds for all platforms
- ACTION: Robinson will take point on making sure we get daily builds for win/mac/linux
Long-term/Frozen Pending Items
These are long-term or frozen items (i.e. on ice until something else happens) that we don't want to forget about...
PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page
- ACTION: Joel will turn this into an EasyHack and work on it (slowly)
- tdf#71761 - Cleanup Whiteboard Wiki Page
PENDING ITEM: Most Annoying Bug List
- ACTION: Joel will propose stricter guidelines for what qualifies as a MAB
- Where are we with the MAB lists?
- Where are we with Priority in FDO? (re: Bjoern's proposal to ESC)
MAB Tool- Server/service down for now
- ACTION: Joel will continue to monitor the situation
PENDING ITEM: Talk to CS Department/others at University
- ACTION: Put up a message on the message board at his University and see who is interested (Joel)
PENDING ITEM: Hackfests
- ACTION: USA involvement in hackfests -- (Keep on the agenda, discuss on QA list) (All)
New Action Items
All items proposed between meetings go here
NEW ITEM: Title (Author)
New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Our next meeting will take place... February 10th (Monday) at 19:30 UTC, unless otherwise noted on the QA/Mailing List.
Put meeting-adjourned time in the table
(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)