QA/Meetings/2014/January 27

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA‎ | Meetings‎ | 2014
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting of the QA Team

previous - next

Date and Time (UTC) 2014-01-27 19:30 UTC
G+ Hangout [ This Meeting]
Chair Robinson Tryon
Secretary Robinson Tryon
Started

19:38

Adjourned

21:02

Participants

Dali, Bjoern, Robinson, Sophie, Joren

Pad http://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/qa
Talkyoo Room Number 537138

Prep

Agenda + Minutes

Minutes:

Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.

Before we Start

A few minutes before we officially start the call, we'll try to have a few people on hand to help assist newbies set up their teleconferencing gear, get things muted, and log on to all of our communication channels:

Start

Put start time and attendees list in the table

The State of QA

Including any Opening Discussion

  • T-shirts update:
    • More T-shirts delivered to: Münch
    • Still en-route to:
      • Hackert, Mandal, Viehöver
    • None of the recipients will be at FOSDEM (waiting for now).
  • BugHunting Session 4.2.0
    • Bjoern: update re: Kiva gift cards?
  • We'll have an RC4 for 4.2 out today (Bjoern)
    • How can we get more testers on earlier builds?
    • Our triage workflow is good, but we need more testing
    • We need to start earlier (Sophi)
  • Moztrap: What can we do to leverage this testing tool?
    • Employ more fuzzy tests ("Open any document in Base and ...make sure it works as expected") (Bjoern)
  • I'll talk with devs about a testing plan that incorporates what has been recently changed (and thus might be most important to test) (Bjoern)
  • We need to get more testers, but continue to indicate the relative stability of pre-release builds (Robinson)
  • T-shirts: What about giving Kiva gift cards to those who are still waiting on t-shirts? (Bjoern)
    • Sounds like a good plan from my side (Robinson, Joren)

UNCONFIRMED Bugs

UNCONFIRMED bug count:

  • December 30th: 781
  • Today (27th): 774
  • Difference: -7
  • Great to see the number still dropping (Robinson)
    • Important for us to identify bugs early-on

Topics for ESC?

Does anyone have any topics/concerns that I should bring to the Engineering Steering Committee (ESC)? (Robinson)

Need_Advice Bugs

Need_Advice bugs

I'm going to bring up the following bugs:

  • (Perhaps more a11y bugs?)

Pending Items

PENDING ITEM: QA Team working with Local Teams

  • [DONE] ACTION: Sophie will plan another (4.2) meeting -- with Native-Lang teams -- for January
  • No response, so didn't have a meeting (Sophie)
  • MozTrap translation (GUI and the tests) continues to be a high-priority improvement we'd like to see (Sophie)
    • Any other project who might want to work on translating GUI w/us? (Robinson)

PENDING ITEM: Bugzilla Migration etc.

  • ACTION: Robinson will work on a new lobster mascot for our Bugzilla
  • ACTION: Robinson/Cloph will talk to Tollef about next steps in Bugzilla migration
    • Waiting to hear back from Tollef

Older:

  • ACTION: Get Tollef to activate voting on FDO (merged item)
  • ACTION: Get Tollef to add BOLD statement to each FDO mail sent out to not reply via mail (merged item)
  • ACTION: Get Tollef to clarify 'version' label in Bugzilla (merged item)
  • ACTION: Will track the filed bug and wait to hear updates (re: Bold statement on FDO mail)
  • Still waiting for migration news from FDO side.

PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories

  • ACTION: Make combined bibisect repo available for testing (Robinson)

To review:

  • Robinson working on bibisect docs
  • Canonical bibisect repo is down/up?
  • IDEA: Add bibisect into regular Developer workflow
  • IDEA: Create graph/tool to show which builds contain a given commit
  • Is the Canonical bibisect repo down?
    • It's up as of yesterday (Bjoern)
    • Might have been problems with Zsync (Joren)
  • I'll make the documentation for bibisect (Linux and Mac) a priority (Robinson)

PENDING ITEM: GUI for Bibisect

  • ACTION: Punt on implementation until after we have bibisect repos up and running (All)
    • Florian is working on a Windows-only version
  • Florian asked for help re: git interaction on Windows (Bjoern)

PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages

  • ACTION: Robinson will ping chs/website list to make sure the feedback page is styled per the site redesign
    • Jan 16 - Reminded again (mentioned slight regression in functionality)
  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel will make the commit changing the url in LibreOffice (and ask for it to target 4.2.0)

To review:

  • Feedback page in new mockup
  • NL versions (bug #?)
  • ACTION: Sophie will shepherd native-lang versions of Feedback page

PENDING ITEM: EOL, Release series, and Stable versions

  • [DONE] ACTION: Robinson will plead our case re: user-choice in updater to the Supreme Court of Steering Engineers
    • e.g. a drop-down (ala Debian) to select 'stable', 'testing', or 'unstable'
  • We want to have two available downloads (e.g. "4.2.0 Fresh" and "4.1.4 Stable") (Bjoern)
    • Use language to convey the relative stability of the available versions
    • Important for us to use one word (not a paragraph) to describe the versions (Bjoern)
  • We'll wait and see if the Fresh vs. Stable (esque) language ends up in the updater (Robinson)

PENDING ITEM: QA Input into website redesign

  • ACTION: Sophie/Robinson - Keep QA in the loop re: updates to QA pages

Website Redesign Mockups:

  • If you see a problem with the new website, please open a ticket in Bugzilla (Redmine is now in-use for the website/infra team, but might not be stable yet?)
    • (tickets opened on fdo also get mailed to the website@ mailing list currently, so there is hope they will somehow get noticed)

PENDING ITEM: Start Center and Sidebar Concerns

  • ACTION: Robinson will get an update on the latest progress here from Stuart/a11y Team
  • ACTION: If you try to use LibreOffice without a mouse (and using a screen reader), how is the experience? (Everyone)
    • More feedback, please!

Relevant tracker bugs:

  • I'll check-in with Stuart (Robinson)
  • We should investigate more a11y testing, bringing our own a11y team into more prominence in QA

PENDING ITEM: Fix Bugzilla attachment MIME-type problems

  • [CANCELLED] ACTION: Rob/Joren will work to finish our MIME-type-fixing script!

To review:

  • Improvements from last meeting?
  • Most important documents are okay now (Joren)
    • Still have a problem with attachments added during the initial bug-filing process
    • Fix about 10 a week, but it's manageable
  • We might want to bring this item up again, when bugzilla is migrated (Joren)

PENDING ITEM: Introduction video to LibreOffice QA

  • ACTION: Mock something up/have something to show for next QA Meeting (Robinson, Joren)
  • Have a mock-up soon

PENDING ITEM: Planning Regular QA Events

  • ACTION: Joel will come up with a timeframe for future Bug Hunting Sessions/Triage Contests, with rationale.
    • Let's try to have an event every 6 months
  • Punt until Joel is here
  • We should search for the optimal time frame for investing bug-hunting efforts (Joren)
    • Several reasons why betas are great to test:
      • Good for early testing (might get fixed before official release), easier to install in-parallel (Sophie)
      • But betas are in general less stable, might file too many bugs already known by developers
  • Possiblity of having 'unstable' version of LibreOffice? (the updater would provide new versions, just like our release builds) (Robinson)

[ brief discussion of new, cutting-edge versions vs. older EOL versions, and how they are used in big deployments ]

PENDING ITEM: Daily builds for all platforms

  • ACTION: Robinson will take point on making sure we get daily builds for win/mac/linux
  • ACTION: Write a script to make sure builds are being produced daily! (Robinson)

Long-term/Frozen Pending Items

These are long-term or frozen items (i.e. on ice until something else happens) that we don't want to forget about...

PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page

  • ACTION: Joel will turn this into an EasyHack and work on it (slowly)

PENDING ITEM: Most Annoying Bug List

  • ACTION: Joel will propose stricter guidelines for what qualifies as a MAB

To review:

  • Where are we with the MAB lists?
  • Where are we with Priority in FDO? (re: Bjoern's proposal to ESC)

References:

  • MAB Tool - Server/service down for now
  • Has set Priority: highest for all of our MABs (and reduced all non-MABS to Priority: high) (Bjoern)
  • Please continue to set the priority field properly when filing MAB bugs
    • Checking on bugs with Priority-highest each week (Sophie)
  • Users generally don't change priority; more likely to change the 'severity' field (Bjoern)
  • Created a QA EasyHack tdf#73993 for summarizing bugs with 20+ comments (Bjoern)

PENDING ITEM: What to do with FDO bugs filed against Extensions, Templates

  • ACTION: Joel will continue to monitor the situation

PENDING ITEM: Talk to CS Department/others at University

  • ACTION: Put up a message on the message board at his University and see who is interested (Joel)

PENDING ITEM: Hackfests

  • ACTION: USA involvement in hackfests -- (Keep on the agenda, discuss on QA list) (All)

New Action Items

All items proposed between meetings go here

NEW ITEM: Title (Author)

New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)

NEW ITEM: Title (Author)

Announcements

End

Put meeting-adjourned time in the table

Topics

(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)

Example Topic