TDF LibreOffice Document Liberation Project Community Blogs Weblate Nextcloud Redmine Ask LibreOffice Donate
|Meeting of the QA Team|
|Date and Time (UTC)||2014-01-27 19:30 UTC|
|G+ Hangout||[ This Meeting]|
Dali, Bjoern, Robinson, Sophie, Joren
|Talkyoo Room Number||537138|
Agenda + Minutes
Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.
Before we Start
A few minutes before we officially start the call, we'll try to have a few people on hand to help assist newbies set up their teleconferencing gear, get things muted, and log on to all of our communication channels:
Put start time and attendees list in the table
The State of QA
Including any Opening Discussion
- T-shirts update:
- More T-shirts delivered to: Münch
- Still en-route to:
- Hackert, Mandal, Viehöver
- None of the recipients will be at FOSDEM (waiting for now).
- BugHunting Session 4.2.0
- Bjoern: update re: Kiva gift cards?
- We'll have an RC4 for 4.2 out today (Bjoern)
- How can we get more testers on earlier builds?
- Our triage workflow is good, but we need more testing
- We need to start earlier (Sophi)
- Moztrap: What can we do to leverage this testing tool?
- Employ more fuzzy tests ("Open any document in Base and ...make sure it works as expected") (Bjoern)
- I'll talk with devs about a testing plan that incorporates what has been recently changed (and thus might be most important to test) (Bjoern)
- We need to get more testers, but continue to indicate the relative stability of pre-release builds (Robinson)
- T-shirts: What about giving Kiva gift cards to those who are still waiting on t-shirts? (Bjoern)
- Sounds like a good plan from my side (Robinson, Joren)
- December 30th: 781
- Today (27th): 774
- Difference: -7
- Great to see the number still dropping (Robinson)
- Important for us to identify bugs early-on
Topics for ESC?
Does anyone have any topics/concerns that I should bring to the Engineering Steering Committee (ESC)? (Robinson)
I'm going to bring up the following bugs:
- (Perhaps more a11y bugs?)
PENDING ITEM: QA Team working with Local Teams
- [DONE] ACTION: Sophie will plan another (4.2) meeting -- with Native-Lang teams -- for January
- No response, so didn't have a meeting (Sophie)
- MozTrap translation (GUI and the tests) continues to be a high-priority improvement we'd like to see (Sophie)
- Any other project who might want to work on translating GUI w/us? (Robinson)
PENDING ITEM: Bugzilla Migration etc.
- ACTION: Robinson will work on a new lobster mascot for our Bugzilla
- ACTION: Robinson/Cloph will talk to Tollef about next steps in Bugzilla migration
- Waiting to hear back from Tollef
- ACTION: Get Tollef to activate voting on FDO (merged item)
- ACTION: Get Tollef to add BOLD statement to each FDO mail sent out to not reply via mail (merged item)
- ACTION: Get Tollef to clarify 'version' label in Bugzilla (merged item)
- ACTION: Will track the filed bug and wait to hear updates (re: Bold statement on FDO mail)
- Still waiting for migration news from FDO side.
PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories
- ACTION: Make combined bibisect repo available for testing (Robinson)
- Robinson working on bibisect docs
- Canonical bibisect repo is down/up?
- IDEA: Add bibisect into regular Developer workflow
- IDEA: Create graph/tool to show which builds contain a given commit
- Is the Canonical bibisect repo down?
- It's up as of yesterday (Bjoern)
- Might have been problems with Zsync (Joren)
- I'll make the documentation for bibisect (Linux and Mac) a priority (Robinson)
PENDING ITEM: GUI for Bibisect
- ACTION: Punt on implementation until after we have bibisect repos up and running (All)
- Florian is working on a Windows-only version
- Florian asked for help re: git interaction on Windows (Bjoern)
PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages
- ACTION: Robinson will ping chs/website list to make sure the feedback page is styled per the site redesign
- Jan 16 - Reminded again (mentioned slight regression in functionality)
- [DONE] ACTION: Joel will make the commit changing the url in LibreOffice (and ask for it to target 4.2.0)
- Feedback page in new mockup
- NL versions (bug #?)
- ACTION: Sophie will shepherd native-lang versions of Feedback page
PENDING ITEM: EOL, Release series, and Stable versions
- [DONE] ACTION: Robinson will plead our case re: user-choice in updater to the Supreme Court of Steering Engineers
- e.g. a drop-down (ala Debian) to select 'stable', 'testing', or 'unstable'
- We want to have two available downloads (e.g. "4.2.0 Fresh" and "4.1.4 Stable") (Bjoern)
- Use language to convey the relative stability of the available versions
- Important for us to use one word (not a paragraph) to describe the versions (Bjoern)
- We'll wait and see if the Fresh vs. Stable (esque) language ends up in the updater (Robinson)
PENDING ITEM: QA Input into website redesign
- ACTION: Sophie/Robinson - Keep QA in the loop re: updates to QA pages
Website Redesign Mockups:
- If you see a problem with the new website, please open a ticket in Bugzilla (Redmine is now in-use for the website/infra team, but might not be stable yet?)
- (tickets opened on fdo also get mailed to the website@ mailing list currently, so there is hope they will somehow get noticed)
PENDING ITEM: Start Center and Sidebar Concerns
- ACTION: Robinson will get an update on the latest progress here from Stuart/a11y Team
- ACTION: If you try to use LibreOffice without a mouse (and using a screen reader), how is the experience? (Everyone)
- More feedback, please!
Relevant tracker bugs:
PENDING ITEM: Fix Bugzilla attachment MIME-type problems
- [CANCELLED] ACTION: Rob/Joren will work to finish our MIME-type-fixing script!
- Improvements from last meeting?
- Most important documents are okay now (Joren)
- Still have a problem with attachments added during the initial bug-filing process
- Fix about 10 a week, but it's manageable
- We might want to bring this item up again, when bugzilla is migrated (Joren)
PENDING ITEM: Introduction video to LibreOffice QA
- ACTION: Mock something up/have something to show for next QA Meeting (Robinson, Joren)
- Have a mock-up soon
PENDING ITEM: Planning Regular QA Events
- ACTION: Joel will come up with a timeframe for future Bug Hunting Sessions/Triage Contests, with rationale.
- Let's try to have an event every 6 months
- Punt until Joel is here
- We should search for the optimal time frame for investing bug-hunting efforts (Joren)
- Several reasons why betas are great to test:
- Good for early testing (might get fixed before official release), easier to install in-parallel (Sophie)
- But betas are in general less stable, might file too many bugs already known by developers
- Several reasons why betas are great to test:
- Possiblity of having 'unstable' version of LibreOffice? (the updater would provide new versions, just like our release builds) (Robinson)
[ brief discussion of new, cutting-edge versions vs. older EOL versions, and how they are used in big deployments ]
PENDING ITEM: Daily builds for all platforms
- ACTION: Robinson will take point on making sure we get daily builds for win/mac/linux
- ACTION: Write a script to make sure builds are being produced daily! (Robinson)
Long-term/Frozen Pending Items
These are long-term or frozen items (i.e. on ice until something else happens) that we don't want to forget about...
PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page
- ACTION: Joel will turn this into an EasyHack and work on it (slowly)
- tdf#71761 - Cleanup Whiteboard Wiki Page
PENDING ITEM: Most Annoying Bug List
- ACTION: Joel will propose stricter guidelines for what qualifies as a MAB
- Where are we with the MAB lists?
- Where are we with Priority in FDO? (re: Bjoern's proposal to ESC)
MAB Tool- Server/service down for now
- Has set Priority: highest for all of our MABs (and reduced all non-MABS to Priority: high) (Bjoern)
- Please continue to set the priority field properly when filing MAB bugs
- Checking on bugs with Priority-highest each week (Sophie)
- Users generally don't change priority; more likely to change the 'severity' field (Bjoern)
- Created a QA EasyHack tdf#73993 for summarizing bugs with 20+ comments (Bjoern)
PENDING ITEM: What to do with FDO bugs filed against Extensions, Templates
- ACTION: Joel will continue to monitor the situation
PENDING ITEM: Talk to CS Department/others at University
- ACTION: Put up a message on the message board at his University and see who is interested (Joel)
PENDING ITEM: Hackfests
- ACTION: USA involvement in hackfests -- (Keep on the agenda, discuss on QA list) (All)
- School in Pennsylvania that is deploying Ubuntu/LibreOffice on laptops to 2000 laptops to all the students in a school (Bjoern)
- Contacted... some interest in a hackfest, etc...
New Action Items
All items proposed between meetings go here
NEW ITEM: Title (Author)
New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)
NEW ITEM: Title (Author)
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Our next meeting will take place... February 10th (Monday) at 19:30 UTC, unless otherwise noted on the QA/Mailing List.
Put meeting-adjourned time in the table
(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)