QA/Meetings/2013/August 02 NA Pub Chat
no previous meeting - next
|Date and Time||15:00 EST (19:00 UTC)|
|G+ Hangout||[ See QA/IRC 5min before meeting starts ]|
|Bartenders||Joel Madero, Robinson Tryon|
|Participants||Robinson, Joel, Joe, Ken, Mas, Joren, Thomas|
|Talkyoo Room Number||537138|
What is this?
This meeting is a one-off trial run of having a monthly QA chat/informal BYOB Pub-style get-together for people who do QA work for LibreOffice (or who are interested in getting involved w/QA).
Joel and Robinson will work on having some kind of agenda. Probably.
If anything interesting or relevant is said at this meeting, or if we just want to remember it, we'll put it in an IPA-colored box...
- Joel will do something about something.
- Our last QA Team meeting is a good place to start QA/Meetings/2013/July 26
Agenda + Minutes
This space is for the Bartenders......and by that, I mean mostly Joel :-)
- Introduction to Robinson and myself
- Other QA members - quickly introduce who isn't present but heavily involved
- Regular meeting time
- What is QA -
- Main job is to make sure that code behaves as we expect it to behave
- Facilitate conversation between users (our main finders of bugs) and developers (triaging)
- Test LibreOffice as much as possible – if not working on critical work we hope that QA uses a pre-release or master so that we can find bugs BEFORE users see the problem
- Facilitate bug reporting by keeping how to's up to date and maintaining BSA
- https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/ - bug tracker
- By far our largest responsibility is to triage bugs – confirm them or disprove them
- We are often the first contact user has with LibreOffice community
- To catch critical/blocker bugs this is the best method – users use LibreOffice in so many ways that we don't – they see bugs that we'd never see (you'd be amazed at the interesting things people do with LibreOffice)
- Mostly a personal goal but I think most agree – No bug should go more than 30 days without someone from community – usually QA – getting in touch and trying to triage the bug.
- How to
- Sample response
Discussion & To Do List
- (We probably won't have "Pending Items" -- anything pending can be pushed to the QA/Mailing List) or to the next biweekly QA Meeting)
- We can discuss whatever people want...
- QA Website
- Proof reader for main page: https://qa.libreoffice.org/ (Joel)
- Page for Linux specific stuff (Joel)
- Page for macOS specific stuff (Joren)
- Wiki (Joel & Robinson)
- Updating BSA to do new cool things (tech skills required – Robinson & Rob)
- FDO Alternative
- Currently we are playing around with the idea of migrating away from FDO (Robinson & Florian R)
- Triaging (Joel, Joren, Florian, Petr, Cor, etc...)
- We ask that all QA members do some triage work
- Testing master
- Download install master and/or daily – test the hell out of it, report any bugs – elevate any crasher bugs
- Duplicate search
- This is very much appreciated by devs – search through NEW (confirmed) bugs and find dupes
- Verify Fixes
- For bugs recently fixed it's good to test to make sure the bug actually fixed the problem - if you can verify we mark as VERIFIED - FIXED
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Our next QA Meeting will take place on August 9th (Friday) at 13:00 UTC, unless otherwise noted on the QA/Mailing List.
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Our next NA QA Pub Chat will take place in a month on September 6th (Friday) at 15:00 EDT.