TDF LibreOffice Document Liberation Project Community Blogs Weblate Nextcloud Redmine Ask LibreOffice Donate
(Punted a week forward from March 10th)
|Meeting of the QA Team|
|Date and Time (UTC)||2014-03-17 18:30 UTC|
|G+ Hangout||[ This Meeting]|
Joel, Bjoern, Robinson, Sophie
|Talkyoo Room Number||537138|
Agenda + Minutes
Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.
Before we Start
A few minutes before we officially start the call, we'll try to have a few people on hand to help assist newbies set up their teleconferencing gear, get things muted, and log on to all of our communication channels:
Put start time and attendees list in the table
The State of QA
Including any Opening Discussion
- T-shirts update:
- Kiva Cards?
- More T-shirts delivered to:
- Still en-route to:
- Hackert, Mandal
- New Meeting Time?
- ACTION: Joel will set up a doodle for a new QA Meeting time
- February 24th: 956
- Today (17th): 935
- Difference: -21
Topics for ESC?
Does anyone have any topics/concerns that I should bring to the Engineering Steering Committee (ESC)? (Robinson)
PENDING ITEM: MozTrap Localization
- ACTION: MozTrap translation (GUI and tests) continues to be high-priority for QA (Needs someone to shepherd)
- Other project who might want to work on translating GUI w/us?
PENDING ITEM: Bugzilla Migration etc.
- ACTION: Robinson/Cloph will talk to Tollef about next steps in Bugzilla migration
- Feb 24 - I'll try to ping Tollef again (cultivate communcation) (Robinson)
- ACTION: Joel/Alex working to give Robinson a VM in which to test Bugzilla ourselves
- This will speed-up the 2nd half of migration and after-migration tasks
- VM is now running
- Add a local OpenId server
- Give a priority on tasks
- Michael Meeks has a new contact at freedesktop but not more active than Tollef
- Action: document everything for BZ migration on Redmine -> Robinson
PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories
- ACTION: Make combined bibisect repo available for testing (Robinson) + Provide better docs
- ACTION: Provide documentation for mac bibisect on wiki (Robinson)
- Robinson working on bibisect docs
- IDEA: Add bibisect into regular Developer workflow
- IDEA: Create graph/tool to show which builds contain a given commit
- Not documented on the wiki
- Give a 3.5 to 4.2 if merged, links in the wiki
- Norbert suggestions to have a very rough repository where we can nail down patches is not really what we need now, we need something as simple as possible.
- ACTION: Robinson will get more information from him
- Bjoern repo:
http://people.canonical.com/~bjoern/bibisect-4.0-tags1.tar.xz but not so useful because you can still find issues in master, useful only if it broke on release branch
- We need more people to bisect on master
PENDING ITEM: GUI for Bibisect
- ACTION: Joel will ask people to test the Windows Bibisect GUI
- ACTION: Investigate what is causing the huge increase in size (Florian R.)
PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages
- ACTION: Sophie will shepherd native-lang versions of Feedback page
- Feedback page in new mockup
- NL versions (bug #?)
- NL not on the Website translation stage for the moment.
- Need a link to Nabble QA forum.
- Copy what is on the dev page
- Action: Reporting on Redmine bugs about the QA site -> all
PENDING ITEM: Updater
- ACTION: We'll wait and see if the Fresh vs. Stable (esque) language ends up in the updater (Robinson)
- ACTION: Investigate auto-updates for regular users and/or for QA/testing purposes (Robinson)
- (Note: Push PPA for Ubuntu; similar for RH/rpm-based systems?)
- Update to the next major release only if it's the same branch 4.2.2 to 4.2.3
- Would be useful for QA
- Maybe GUI Installer from Florian could be used for that.
- Action: ping Kendy on this -> Robinson
PENDING ITEM: QA Input into website redesign
- ACTION: Sophie/Robinson - Keep QA in the loop re: updates to QA pages
PENDING ITEM: Start Center and Sidebar Concerns
- ACTION: Continue to watch Start Center/Sidebar until a11y concerns addressed (Robinson)
Relevant tracker bugs:
- Done for now, nothing new, not top priority
PENDING ITEM: Introduction video to LibreOffice QA
- ACTION: Mock something up/have something to show at a future QA Meeting (Robinson, Joren)
- No time for the moment
- ACTION: set an easy hack -> Robinson
PENDING ITEM: Planning Regular QA Events
- ACTION: Joel will come up with a timeframe for future Bug Hunting Sessions/Triage Contests, with rationale.
- Let's try to have an event every 6 months
- Set one 4.3.0 bug event
- ACTION: Joel/Sophie work on dates for planing: a month before and reminder 2 weeks before
PENDING ITEM: Daily builds for all platforms
- ACTION: Robinson will take point on making sure we get daily builds for win/mac/linux
- ACTION: Write a script to make sure builds are being produced daily! (Robinson)
- Seems ok - no time for the moment
Long-term/Frozen Pending Items
These are long-term or frozen items (i.e. on ice until something else happens) that we don't want to forget about...
PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page
- ACTION: Joel will turn this into an EasyHack and work on it (slowly)
- tdf#71761 - Cleanup Whiteboard Wiki Page
- New things keeping added but not on the page
- When BZ will be locked out, that will not be so necessary
PENDING ITEM: Most Annoying Bug List
- ACTION: Joel will propose stricter guidelines for what qualifies as a MAB
- How is the test going? (using the 'Priority' field in Bugzilla)
MAB Tool- Server/service down for now
- Not so annoying if they are not on highest stat, only 5 that are not really Mab.
PENDING ITEM: What to do with FDO bugs filed against Extensions, Templates
- ACTION: Joel will continue to monitor the situation
- Take it off
- Once moved to our own BZ ask for Redmine instance for extensions (bjoern)
PENDING ITEM: Talk to CS Department/others at University
- ACTION: Put up a message on the message board at his University and see who is interested (Joel)
- Talk to Norbert
- Joel will go ahead
PENDING ITEM: Hackfests
- ACTION: USA involvement in hackfests -- (Keep on the agenda, discuss on QA list) (All)
- ACTION: Joel will respond to planning email (for Penn) and help shape what we can/want to do
- ACTION: Robinson will check-in with OpenHatch/Deb Nichols to investigate partnership
- ACTION: Follow-up with all of the people I met at SCALE re:possible hackfests/events (Robinson)
- No response for Canada
- Immanuel, Robinson, fly to canada (joel)
- May - make the date and try for 5 people there + one dev over a week-end (Joel)
New Action Items
All items proposed between meetings go here
NEW ITEM: Title (Author)
New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)
NEW ITEM: Investing in QA (Bjoern)
Bjoern will see with TDF Board how to do that and where.
NEW ITEM: Regressions (Bjoern)
- Fields --> imported from Apache but difficult to bisect on 4.2 Writer
- 400 bugs about table (20 about regressions) -> break and group them.
- 30 mail merge bugs
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Our next meeting will take place... March 24th (Monday) at 19:30 UTC, unless otherwise noted on the QA/Mailing List (which may happen).
Put meeting-adjourned time in the table
(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)