TDF LibreOffice Document Liberation Project Community Blogs Weblate Nextcloud Redmine Ask LibreOffice Donate
|Meeting of the QA Team|
|Date and Time (UTC)||2014-10-22 17:30 UTC|
|IRC Channel||#libreoffice-qa IRC://|
Agenda + Minutes
Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.
Before we Start
A few minutes before we officially start, we'll try to have a few people in the IRC channel:
We'll touch on a few metrics such as UNCONFIRMED bug count and regressions, and then we'll have each person in the meeting bring up whatever QA topics they'd like to address.
Some people like the current meeting time on Wednesdays, but if there's enough interest in change, we'll do it.
- UNCONFIRMED bug count: 712, 822, 904, 914, 831, 746
- needAdvice bugs: 80+, 32, 32, 29, 23, 24, 25, 19, 19
- Regressions #'s:
- Regressions in 4.3 not in 4.2: 32, 37, 41, 46, 49, 66, 81, 81
- Regressions in 4.2 not in 4.1: 65, 85, 99, 102, 107, 111, 113, 111
- Bibisected bugs: 155, 161, 171
- All bibisected regressions (open & closed), broken down by component and Severity: 64, 81, 94, 95, 108, 129, 148, 158, 163, 173
- Bugs to discuss
- State of multimedia in macOS
- LibreFest Bug-Triaging event in Seattle -
Advertising!Remote participation? Join us :-)
- AI: Bugzilla load testing with volunteers
- REQUEST: Help from macOS people bibisecting preBibisect bugs.
- Better docs for bug reporting/
- New recruitment ideas?
- AI: Chat w/marketing re: what TDF provides (
IZBot: Meeting started Wed Oct 22 17:50:44 2014 UTC. The chair is colonelqubit. Plugin info at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
People present (lines said)
colonelqubit (64) beluga_ (22) sophi (12) IZBot (7) vsfoote (6) ertai_NL (4) Liongold (1)
- ACTION: Email sophie about BH tasks and scheduling (Robinson)
- ACTION: [DONE] Invite Paul DeStefano (UW student) to the LibreFest (so he can repro his bug :-)
– Topic set to: LibreOffice QA Channel — All quality related chat -- for users questions use #libreoffice -- development questions use #libreoffice-dev
IZBot: Meeting ended Wed Oct 22 18:35:58 2014 UTC. (note: URLs not final)
IZBot: Minutes: http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2014/libreoffice-qa.2014-10-22-17.50.html
IZBot: Minutes (text): http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2014/libreoffice-qa.2014-10-22-17.50.txt
IZBot: Log: http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2014/libreoffice-qa.2014-10-22-17.50.log.html
The State of QA
Including any Opening Discussion
- xx- Bugzilla migration
- Re: need to reset passwords
- Email notification ahead of migration
- Tweak the change-password page and the front page to indicate that people will need to reset their passwords
- Create an 'About our new Bugzilla' video as a part of our 'Intro to QA' series
- SUGGESTION: Use bugs.documentfoundation.org/ to host Bugzilla
- We can have both LibreOffice and some of the Document Liberation Project libraries all exist as top-level products in the bugtracker
- QUESTION: Should we refocus ourselves as the TDF QA Team (to cover LibreOffice, DLP, etc.. ?)
- ACTION: Send thank-yous to Xamarin and Michael's brother (Joel)
PENDING ITEM: Auto-updates for regular users and QA Testing
- ACTION: Investigate auto-updates for regular users and/or for QA/testing purposes (Robinson)
- ACTION: Open discussion again re:auto-update for QA on the mailing list (Robinson)
- Related: tdf#78592 - "LibreOffice-Installation enhancement/medium NEW UI: Provide RSS feed for torrent downloads" (Joel)
- PUNTED: Bring up proposal to use Mozilla updater tooling for LibreOffice (Robinson)
PENDING ITEM: Bugzilla Migration etc.
- ACTION: Organize time to stress-test new Bugzilla VM (Joel)
- ACTION: Make sure to suppress outgoing email during our testing of the test Bugzilla (Robinson)
- ACTION: Perhaps add Simple HTTP Auth (htaccess) control restricting access to https://bugzilla-test.documentfoundation.org/ (Robinson/Norbert)
- ACTION: Resolve url for hosting our Bugzilla instance (Joel)
- Deal with acronym if using tdf.org url (tdf# ?)
- ACTION: Set up call and/or thread(s) with the useful people on a mailing list (Robinson)
- May 22 - Started process
- June - Need to follow-up again with key people re: current progress (Robinson)
PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories
- ACTION: Chat w/Bjoern, etc... re: updates to bibisect repos (Robinson)
- Propose docs on testing w/3.3.0 separately to place bugs in pre-LO category (Robinson)
- ACTION: Provide documentation for mac bibisect on wiki (Norbert)
- Perhaps ask Cloph for help re: Bibisect stuff, and keep Norbert's cycles free for Bugzilla migration
- IDEA: Add bibisect into regular Developer workflow
- IDEA: Create graph/tool to show which builds contain a given commit
PENDING ITEM: GUI for Bibisect
- ACTION: Review BibiGUI -- any
Windows/C#Python volunteer dev (Bjoern)
- June 19 - Joel may have found a volunteer?
- ACTION: Create
an EasyHacka bug for the process of rewriting the existing C# code in Python (or Java) (Florian R.)
- ACTION: Joel will poke the new guy again on email that showed up with dev experience
- ACTION: SI-GUI: Contact the people running "interesting" Windows tinderboxes and ask for their assistance (Florian R.)
PENDING ITEM: Hackfests
- ACTION: Check on status of LibreOffice building in the cloud for hackfests (Robinson)
- Included in the notes for hackfest planning
- Other Events: (School in Pennsylvania)?
PENDING ITEM: Whiteboard Naming Conventions
- ACTION: Update tags in the whiteboard to use 'wimpyCaps' (ALL)
- We had a discussion about filter:xxx, and not sure we found a perfect resolution...
- Also continue to clarify the use of capitals in the whiteboard, etc..
PENDING ITEM: Discuss usefulness of QA project in Redmine
PENDING ITEM: QA Budget
Some ideas for our possible QA Budget
- Host bibisect repo in the cloud -- use VNC to connect
- Testing builds in the cloud @ the Boston Hackfest -- good for 1-off testing, but slow for 10 bibisects in a row (Robinson)
- Perhaps a good target for onboarding (Bjoern)
- Makes things run very quickly, get people hooked
- We can spin-up a new machine for each person we're onboarding
- Daily builds (also in the cloud?)
- SDK tutorial?
- Get python community interested in LibreOffice
- Python IDE support for creating LibreOffice extensions?
- Can be beneficial for both communities
- Need to find someone in Python community to help move this forward
- Hackfest hardware
- Especially helpful when we don't have good bandwidth/stable connection
- Other items
- Crash reporter for Windows
- Moztrap improvements
- Ask sophie about a solid proposal for what could be done
- Native-lang BSA for more projects
- Biggest hurdle is getting native-lang communities to sign-up for long-term commitment to deal with bug reports (Robinson)
Long-term/Frozen Pending Items
These are long-term or frozen items (i.e. on ice until something else happens) that we don't want to forget about...
PENDING ITEM: MozTrap Localization
- ACTION: MozTrap translation (GUI and tests) continues to be high-priority for QA (Needs someone to shepherd)
- Other project who might want to work on translating GUI w/us?
PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages
- ACTION: Sophie will shepherd native-lang versions of Feedback page
- Next steps for NL versions (bug #?)
PENDING ITEM: US Merch Store
- (Future progress)
PENDING ITEM: Most Annoying Bug List
- ACTION: Joel will propose stricter guidelines for what qualifies as a MAB
- How is the test going? (using the 'Priority' field in Bugzilla)
MAB Tool- Server/service down for now
PENDING ITEM: Talk to CS Department/others at University
- ACTION: Put up a message on the message board at his University and see who is interested (Joel)
- Need to meet w/Charlie R. to talk with his Uni contacts as well