QA/Meetings/2014/April 21

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA‎ | Meetings‎ | 2014
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting of the QA Team

previous - next

Date and Time (UTC) 2014-04-21 18:30 UTC
G+ Hangout http://bit [dot] ly/LibO_QA_call_hangout
Chair Robinson Tryon
Secretary Robinson Tryon
Started

18:35

Adjourned

20:06

Participants

Joren, Florian R., Robinson

Pad http://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/qa
Talkyoo Room Number 537138

Prep

Agenda + Minutes

Minutes:

Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.

Before we Start

A few minutes before we officially start the call, we'll try to have a few people on hand to help assist newbies set up their teleconferencing gear, get things muted, and log on to all of our communication channels:


Q: Do people want a voice call or just IRC?

  • Hop on to #libreoffice-qa, and we'll chat just before the start of the meeting

Start

Put start time and attendees list in the table


IRC Minutes

(Talkyoo meeting today)

The State of QA

Including any Opening Discussion

  • T-shirts update:
    • T-shirt delivered to: Hackert
    • No word from: Mandal
    • Almost done
  • New Meeting Time?
    • Joel mentioned something about it
  • US
    • Hackfests update --> See PENDING ITEM
    • US Merch store updates?
  • Impress Remote:
    • Bluetooth adapters? -- all set?
  • Bugzilla migration
    • Re: need to reset passwords
      • Email notification ahead of migration
      • Tweak the change-password page and the front page to indicate that people will need to reset their passwords
      • Create an 'About our new Bugzilla' video as a part of our 'Intro to QA' series
  • Sadly no Joel -- law school is eating him alive.
  • Delivered another t-shirt (just one left!)
  • Hackfests:
    • Working on making notes on how to run one!
  • Merch store on hold
  • Impress Remote: Bluetooth adapter (possibly) ordered for Florian R.
    • ACTION: Order bluetooth adapter for Joren (Robinson)
  • Bugzilla:
    • SUGGESTION: Use bugs.documentfoundation.org/ to host Bugzilla
    • We can have both LibreOffice and some of the Document Liberation Project libraries all exist as top-level products in the bugtracker
      • (Makes it trivial to move filter bugs, etc... between these products)
    • ALSO: Redirect the following urls to bugs.documentfoundation.org/:
      • bugs.documentfoundation.org
      • libreoffice.org/bugs
  • QUESTION: Should we refocus ourselves as the TDF QA Team (to cover LibreOffice, DLP, etc.. ?)
  • LibreOffice Bugzilla twitter account (@LibreOfficeBugs): We've doubled to 212 followers!

weekly status

* https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/page.cgi?id=weekly-bug-summary.html

UNCONFIRMED Bugs

UNCONFIRMED bug count:

  • April 7: 1054
  • Today: 1137
  • Difference: 83

Regression watch (Bjoern)

* Regression query

Topics for ESC?

Does anyone have any topics/concerns that I should bring to the Engineering Steering Committee (ESC)? (Robinson)

  • I've been traveling, so remind me of any issues for the next one...

Need_Advice Bugs

Need_Advice bugs


  • Feel free to toss more bugs into this pile (only 16 on the list right now), and we'll deal with them

Pending Items

  • ACTION: Investigate auto-updates for regular users and/or for QA/testing purposes (Robinson)
  • Meeks said that an auto-updater is a little tricky
    • For GNU/Linux, possibly just use a PPA (and only update the test install of LibreOffice) -> Possible ??

PENDING ITEM: MozTrap Localization

  • ACTION: MozTrap translation (GUI and tests) continues to be high-priority for QA (Needs someone to shepherd)

To review:

    • Other project who might want to work on translating GUI w/us?

PENDING ITEM: Bugzilla Migration etc.

  • [DONE] ACTION: Robinson/Cloph will talk to Tollef about next steps in Bugzilla migration
    • Norbert had good chat(s) w/him
  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel/Alex working to give Robinson a VM in which to test Bugzilla ourselves


Future (PUNTING until after bugzilla migration complete):

  • ACTION: Robinson will talk to other orgs that deploy Bugzilla about implementing (funding?) OpenID support
  • ACTION: Get Tollef to activate voting on FDO (merged item)
  • ACTION: Get Tollef to add BOLD statement to each FDO mail sent out to not reply via mail (merged item)
  • ACTION: Get Tollef to clarify 'version' label in Bugzilla (merged item)
  • ACTION: Will track the filed bug and wait to hear updates (re: Bold statement on FDO mail)
  • Migration is going quite well
  • We've been talking with Tollef regularly
  • Estimated migration this summer
  • SUGGESTION: Standardization of our summary field for Bugzilla
    • Or: When searching for one phrase, display results from a similar one (e.g. "image" -> "picture" or "graphic")

Our Bugzilla system would benefit from making the following easy:

    • De-duplicate bugs
    • Find an existing bug
    • Standardized language for describing a problem

PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories

  • ACTION: Make combined bibisect repo available for testing (Bjoern) + Provide better docs
  • ACTION: Provide documentation for mac bibisect on wiki (Bjoern)
    • Bjoern's done some work here... get update from him.

To review:

  • IDEA: Add bibisect into regular Developer workflow
  • IDEA: Create graph/tool to show which builds contain a given commit

PENDING ITEM: GUI for Bibisect

  • [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Punt on implementation until after we have bibisect repos up and running (All)
    • Florian is actively working on a Windows-only cross-platform .Net version
  • [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Joel will ask people to test the Windows Bibisect GUI
  • ACTION:' Florian R. will make bibisect-gui work on Ubuntu....with Joel
  • ACTION Review BibiGUI -- any Windows/C# Python volunteer dev (Bjoern)
  • SI-GUI: This file contains the tinderbox rules: (Florian R.)
    • http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/si-gui/.dlinfo/info.txt
    • At some point there will be an error when trying to download from the 4.1 rule
    • If we branch-off 4.3 from master, there is a change
    • This only happens when there is MANUAL intervention by the tinderbox owner
    • For every version it happens twice [switching to/from branch]
  • ACTION: Contact the people running "interesting" Windows tindeboxes and ask for their assistance (Florian R.)

For Windows, we can build our Python into a stand-alone executable (to make the install even easier):

PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages

  • ACTION: Sophie will shepherd native-lang versions of Feedback page

To review:

  • Next steps for NL versions (bug #?)

PENDING ITEM: EOL, Release series, and Stable versions

  • ACTION: We'll wait and see if the Fresh vs. Stable (esque) language ends up in the updater (Robinson)
    • April 16 - Still waiting here...
  • The reason we can just update LibreOffice (We build against older versions of system libraries and we do not create dependecies on newer versions of them)

PENDING ITEM: QA Input into website redesign

  • [DONE] ACTION: Sophie/Robinson - Keep QA in the loop re: updates to QA pages
    • New website has been deployed
  • It should be quite clear on the Download page that there is a Stable version ('Stable' button too small?)

PENDING ITEM: Start Center and Sidebar Concerns

  • ACTION: If you try to use LibreOffice without a mouse (and using a screen reader), how is the experience? (Everyone)

Relevant tracker bugs:

  • Who has time to work on this?
  • Let's try to connect with the Accessibility Team more...

PENDING ITEM: Introduction video to LibreOffice QA

  • [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Mock something up/have something to show at a future QA Meeting (Robinson, Joren)
    • Filed as tdf#77546 - "QA: Create introductory video"
    • Also related: tdf#47657 - "Make a video showing how easy it is to use LibreOffice testcase management"
  • IDEA: Another short video to introduce people to our bug tracker (including resetting their password from FDO, what is hosted there (LibreOffice + DLP libraries?), ?)

PENDING ITEM: Planning Regular QA Events

  • ACTION: Joel will come up with a timeframe for future Bug Hunting Sessions/Triage Contests, with rationale.
    • Let's try to have an event every 6 months
    • DONE?

PENDING ITEM: Daily builds for all platforms

  • ACTION: Robinson will take point on making sure we get daily builds for win/mac/linux
  • [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Write a script to make sure builds are being produced daily! (Robinson)
    • April 16 - Filed a bug redmine#376 - Monitoring Software for important services? (Robinson)
  • I'll poke cloph/floeff again re: monitoring software

Long-term/Frozen Pending Items

These are long-term or frozen items (i.e. on ice until something else happens) that we don't want to forget about...

PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page

  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel will turn this into an EasyHack and work on it (slowly)
  • ACTION: Joel will work on tdf#71761 - Cleanup Whiteboard Wiki Page slowly.

PENDING ITEM: Most Annoying Bug List

  • ACTION: Joel will propose stricter guidelines for what qualifies as a MAB

To review:

  • How is the test going? (using the 'Priority' field in Bugzilla)

References:

  • MAB Tool - Server/service down for now

PENDING ITEM: What to do with FDO bugs filed against Extensions, Templates

UPDATE:

PENDING ITEM: Talk to CS Department/others at University

  • ACTION: Put up a message on the message board at his University and see who is interested (Joel)

PENDING ITEM: Hackfests

  • ACTION: USA involvement in hackfests -- (Keep on the agenda, discuss on QA list) (All)
  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel will respond to planning email (for Penn) and help shape what we can/want to do

Update on:

  • Potential Hackfest in Boston in July
  • Other Events: (School in Pennsylvania)?
  • Wiki page: Events/2014/US Summer Hackfest
    • Aiming for 10-30 people
    • Creating a template for other people to follow when running a hackfest/training session
    • We'll have both intro for new programmers as well as intro to QA, basics of LibreOffice outreach, etc..
  • Do we need to overhaul our QA documentation before then?

New Action Items

All items proposed between meetings go here

New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)

NEW ITEM: Title (Author)

Announcements

  • ANNOUNCEMENT: Our next meeting will take place... May 5th (Monday) at 18:30 UTC, unless otherwise noted on the QA/Mailing List (which may happen this week :-).

End

Put meeting-adjourned time in the table

Topics

(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)

Example Topic