|Meeting of the QA Team|
|Date and Time (UTC)||2014-05-05 18:30 UTC|
|G+ Hangout||http://bit [dot] ly/LibO_QA_call_hangout|
|Talkyoo Room Number||537138|
- 1 Prep
- 2 Agenda + Minutes
- 2.1 Before we Start
- 2.2 Start
- 2.3 The State of QA
- 2.4 Pending Items
- 2.4.1 ITEMS from Joel
- 2.4.2 PENDING ITEM: Auto-updates for regular users and QA Testing
- 2.4.3 PENDING ITEM: MozTrap Localization
- 2.4.4 PENDING ITEM: Bugzilla Migration etc.
- 2.4.5 PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories
- 2.4.6 PENDING ITEM: GUI for Bibisect
- 2.4.7 PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages
- 2.4.8 PENDING ITEM: EOL, Release series, and Stable versions
- 2.4.9 PENDING ITEM: Start Center and Sidebar Concerns
- 2.4.10 PENDING ITEM: Planning Regular QA Events
- 2.4.11 PENDING ITEM: Daily builds for all platforms
- 2.5 Long-term/Frozen Pending Items
- 2.6 New Action Items
- 2.7 New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)
- 2.8 Announcements
- 2.9 End
- 3 Topics
Agenda + Minutes
Before we Start
A few minutes before we officially start the call, we'll try to have a few people on hand to help assist newbies set up their teleconferencing gear, get things muted, and log on to all of our communication channels:
Q: Do people want a voice call or just IRC?
- Hop on to #libreoffice-qa, and we'll chat just before the start of the meeting
Put start time and attendees list in the table
The State of QA
Including any Opening Discussion
- Hackfests update --> See PENDING ITEM
- US Merch store updates?
- Impress Remote:
- Bluetooth adapters? -- all set?
- Bugzilla migration
- Re: need to reset passwords
- Email notification ahead of migration
- Tweak the change-password page and the front page to indicate that people will need to reset their passwords
- Create an 'About our new Bugzilla' video as a part of our 'Intro to QA' series
- [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Order bluetooth adapter for Joren (Robinson)
- SUGGESTION: Use bugs.documentfoundation.org/ to host Bugzilla
- We can have both LibreOffice and some of the Document Liberation Project libraries all exist as top-level products in the bugtracker
- QUESTION: Should we refocus ourselves as the TDF QA Team (to cover LibreOffice, DLP, etc.. ?)
- April 21: 1137
- Today: 1086
- Difference: -51
Regression watch (Bjoern)
Topics for ESC?
Does anyone have any topics/concerns that I should bring to the Engineering Steering Committee (ESC)? (Robinson)
- I've been traveling, so remind me of any issues for the next one...
ITEMS from Joel
PENDING ITEM: Auto-updates for regular users and QA Testing
- ACTION: Investigate auto-updates for regular users and/or for QA/testing purposes (Robinson)
- Investigate possible PPA for this purpose
PENDING ITEM: MozTrap Localization
- ACTION: MozTrap translation (GUI and tests) continues to be high-priority for QA (Needs someone to shepherd)
- Other project who might want to work on translating GUI w/us?
PENDING ITEM: Bugzilla Migration etc.
Future (PUNTING until after bugzilla migration complete):
- ACTION: Robinson will talk to other orgs that deploy Bugzilla about implementing (funding?) OpenID support
- ACTION: Get Tollef to activate voting on FDO (merged item)
- ACTION: Get Tollef to add BOLD statement to each FDO mail sent out to not reply via mail (merged item)
- ACTION: Get Tollef to clarify 'version' label in Bugzilla (merged item)
- ACTION: Will track the filed bug and wait to hear updates (re: Bold statement on FDO mail)
PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories
- ACTION: Make combined bibisect repo available for testing (Bjoern) + Provide better docs
- ACTION: Provide documentation for mac bibisect on wiki (Bjoern)
- Bjoern's done some work here... get update from him.
- IDEA: Add bibisect into regular Developer workflow
- IDEA: Create graph/tool to show which builds contain a given commit
PENDING ITEM: GUI for Bibisect
- ACTION:' Florian R. will make bibisect-gui work on Ubuntu....with Joel
- ACTION Review BibiGUI -- any
Windows/C#Python volunteer dev (Bjoern)
- ACTION: SI-GUI: Contact the people running "interesting" Windows tinderboxes and ask for their assistance (Florian R.)
PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages
- ACTION: Sophie will shepherd native-lang versions of Feedback page
- Next steps for NL versions (bug #?)
PENDING ITEM: EOL, Release series, and Stable versions
- ACTION: We'll wait and see if the Fresh vs. Stable (esque) language ends up in the updater (Robinson)
- May 5th - Punting to see until updater is fixed
PENDING ITEM: Start Center and Sidebar Concerns
- [DONE] ACTION: If you try to use LibreOffice without a mouse (and using a screen reader), how is the experience? (Everyone)
- Let's try to connect with the Accessibility Team more...
Relevant tracker bugs:
PENDING ITEM: Planning Regular QA Events
- [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Joel will come up with a timeframe for future Bug Hunting Sessions/Triage Contests, with rationale.
- Let's try to have an event every 6 months
PENDING ITEM: Daily builds for all platforms
- ACTION: Robinson will take point on making sure we get daily builds for win/mac/linux
- Update on redmine#376 ?
Long-term/Frozen Pending Items
These are long-term or frozen items (i.e. on ice until something else happens) that we don't want to forget about...
PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page
- ACTION: Joel will work on tdf#71761 - Cleanup Whiteboard Wiki Page slowly.
PENDING ITEM: Most Annoying Bug List
- ACTION: Joel will propose stricter guidelines for what qualifies as a MAB
- How is the test going? (using the 'Priority' field in Bugzilla)
MAB Tool- Server/service down for now
PENDING ITEM: Talk to CS Department/others at University
- ACTION: Put up a message on the message board at his University and see who is interested (Joel)
PENDING ITEM: Hackfests
- ACTION: USA involvement in hackfests -- (Keep on the agenda, discuss on QA list) (All)
- Potential Hackfest in Boston in July
- State of QA Documentation?
- Other Events: (School in Pennsylvania)?
New Action Items
All items proposed between meetings go here
New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Our next meeting will take place... May 19th (Monday) at 18:30 UTC, unless otherwise noted on the QA/Mailing List -- possibly rescheduled!
Put meeting-adjourned time in the table
(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)