Videos/Become a member script
From The Document Foundation Wiki
This page contains the scripts for the Become a member of TDF video.
- In the LibreOffice community, we often use the motto: free office suite, fun project, fantastic people.
- And it's important that our contributors have fun, especially when we get together at events, hackfests and the yearly LibreOffice Conference.
- While all contributions are greatly appreciated, if you want to get more involved with The Document Foundation, the non-profit entity behind LibreOffice, you can join us as a member of the Board of Trustees.
- TDF members are based around the world and contribute time, effort and skills, whether on a voluntary or paid basis.
- All members are equal, and as they come from a diverse set of backgrounds and locations, they provide The Document Foundation with a rich set of talent, experiences and ideas.
- As well as showing commitment to the goals of The Document Foundation, and contributing time and effort, members can also vote for the Board of Directors.
- Because the Board handles strategic planning and funding allocation in The Document Foundation, this voting process is important.
- Members can vote for Directors they believe represent their interests and those of the project as a whole.
- Oh, and as a bonus, members get a libreoffice.org email address as well!
- While many members are LibreOffice developers, all contributors are welcome to join, as Gabriele Ponzo from the Membership Committee explains:
- This is really a beautiful community, really inclusive - there are many, many tasks you could do.
- So this is not a community of only developers.
- This is the most important thing, because sometimes people are scared and think - "why should I join this community when I'm not a developer for example, or a power user?"
- But sometimes it's enough to translate some text, for example, or make speeches, or videos, or what else... documentation.
- We have so many tasks you can be useful for, and we are open to new ideas as well.
- So you could join the community just to say: "hey, why don't we prepare a banner to show on beaches, for example!" Why not?
- And we say: "OK, so are you taking charge of that?"
- So there are many reasons to be a member of this community, which is really a happy community. We have fun. So probably we would say the best reason is: to have fun!
- So join us! If you're actively involved in LibreOffice or the Document Liberation Project, and plan to contribute for at least six months, visit tdf.io/beamember.
- We look forward to meeting you!