Note lansare LibreOffice 5.3
- 1 Despre această pagină
- 2 Writer
- 3 Calc
- 4 Impress
- 5 Draw
- 6 Base
- 7 Chart
- 8 Math
- 9 Core / General
- 10 Filtre
- 11 GUI
- 12 Ajutor
- 13 Localizare
- 14 Fonts
- 15 Experimental features
- 16 Feature removal / deprecation
- 17 Under the Hood
- 18 API changes
Despre această pagină
This is an in-progress scratch-pad of notes to build release notes from as and when we release. Please do not list features that are to be shipped already in the 5.2 lansare! Please do not add wish-list features that you hope will be implemented, but only what actually is implemented already.
What does a good feature look like here:
- It has a description, and a way for a busy reviewer, to find and play with the feature. Target someone who is extremely busy, and knows little-to-nothing about the product. So if a user interface element is key to the feature, be very explicit about where it is, e. g. ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ paths to the elements you changed. Of course, you know your feature is important, and that everyone should care about the Extensible AutoShapes Properties dialog – but often the guys taking the screenshots and writing the notes do not.
- It credits the main authors who did the work – just add them in brackets after the feature, where possible.
- If the feature can be shown off with a sample / test file – particularly for new import-able features, it would be wonderful to have a link to/up-load of a test file that we can use to show that feature off to best effect. That really helps us to make good screenshots to show off the features, and allows reviewers to do their testing.
Thanks in advance for your help filling this out!
Mergi la pagina de dialog
- Writer has a new dialog for quickly jump to another page that is available through tdf#83054 (Akshay Deep, Yousuf Philips) ▸ and Ctrl+G.
- Import and export of ODF table styles that can be created and assigned to tables in the Styles & Formatting sidebar deck. (see this blog entry). (Jakub Trzebiatowski, GSoC 2016; Miklos Vajna, Collabora; Jan Holešovský, Collabora; Yousuf Philips)
- New drawing tools were added (that were previously available only in Draw and Impress). tdf#101390 (Gülşah Köse)
- It's now possible to set the small capitals character property via a toolbar button. blog entry. (Miklos Vajna, Collabora)
- New drawing tools were added (that were previously available only in Draw and Impress). tdf#101390 (Gülşah Köse)
- In new installations the default setting for new documents is now Enable wildcards in formulas instead of regular expressions. tdf#88581 (Eike Rathke (Red Hat, Inc.))
- This is for better interoperability with other spreadsheet applications and a better experience for users who are not familiar with regular expressions. Wildcards are more widespread and the large set of regular expression metacharacters often makes queries too complicated for casual users.
- See also ReleaseNotes 5.2 for wildcards.
New spreadsheet functions
Changed spreadsheet functions
- The UI name of EFFECTIVE was changed to EFFECT to be the same as in other spreadsheet applications. tdf#100641 (Eike Rathke (Red Hat, Inc.))
Compatibility with ODF 1.2
ISOWEEKNUM and WEEKNUM_OOO
Releases prior to 5.1 saved WEEKNUM wrongly as ISOWEEKNUM to ODF. Release 5.3 resolves the interim solution introduced with release 5.1 (see ReleaseNotes/5.1#Compatibility_with_ODF_1.2). (Eike Rathke (Red Hat, Inc.))
- When importing ISOWEEKNUM, if the call uses one parameter it is kept as the correct ISOWEEKNUM.
- If the call uses two parameters it is determined if the second argument mode is a literal numeric value unequal to 1 in which case it is mapped to ISOWEEKNUM with one argument, as the old WEEKNUM function implemented exactly that for those modes.
- If the second argument is something different, i.e. a numeric value 1 or an expression, the call is mapped to the WEEKNUM_OOO compatibility function introduced in LibreOffice 5.1.
- WEEKNUM_OOO is now saved as ORG.LIBREOFFICE.WEEKNUM_OOO which releases 5.1 and 5.2 can read.
- Fraction Number Formats (Laurent BP)
- any of
0can be used for any of integer, numerator or denominator format string.
- any of
- any string can be used as delimiter between integer and fraction:
#" plus fraction "?/?will display PI value as
3 plus fraction 1/7tdf#100834
- more accurate representation of fraction with a new algorithm tdf#99996 (Wolfgang Jäger)
- new default formats with forced denominator tdf#100592
- if denominator has less digits than places, it is now left aligned tdf#102507: with format
# ?/???value 3.5 is displayed as
3 1/2(with two spaces after fraction), instead of
3 1/ 2(old behavior)
- format options available through UI dialog ▸ ▸ and Sidebar
Default Cell Styles
- Default cell styles are loaded from a file in the user profile (Jaskaran Singh (GSoC))
- Syntax is based on ODF and loaded through orcus
- Defining own default cell styles is now easy
- New and improved default cell styles, tdf#90937 (UX team, Jaskaran Singh)
- Merge non empty cells tdf#30456 (Laurent BP)
▸ ▸ brings a new option:
- before LibO 5.3, if content was detected, it was possible to move it as text in first cell. If not content was just hidden but not removed.
- from LibO 5.3, a new option is available: empty hidden cell so that formulas refering to these cells will be updated.
- Functions ( tdf#67974. ▸ ) can now be searched from the available list
- Images inserted via tdf#65356 (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB) ▸ ▸ can now be linked instead of embedded in the document.
- Slide properties content panel in sidebar for master slide mode. tdf#89466 (Susobhan Ghosh, GSoC 2016; Katarina Behrens, CIB; Yousuf Philips)
- The Standard (Single Mode) toolbar was added to provide a single toolbar alternative to the default double toolbar arrangement and it contains the most used function, insert, and formatting operations. It can be activated by enabling with tdf#92218 (Yousuf Philips) ▸ ▸ .
- Two new default templates: Vivid and Pencil
- All existing templates have been improved (Francisco Adrián Sánchez)
- New arrow endings, including Crow's foot notation's ones. Also availible in other apps. (Yan Pashkovsky, Dipankar Niranjan) tdf#93782 tdf#92152
- Firebird has been upgraded to version 3.0.0. It is unable to read back Firebird 2.5 data, so embedded firebird odb files created in LibreOffice version up to 5.2 cannot be opened with LibreOffice 5.3. Since a future version of firebird will have a backwards compatibility module, some future version of LibreOffice (embedding this future version of firebird) will also be able to open these older files.
- Embedded firebird switched to Firebird's "archive" format, which is version and endianness independent, so this issue won't happen again.
- ODB files created by LibreOffice < 5.3 can be manually converted to LibreOffice 5.3 format by using Firebird 2.5 to convert the data to archive format, and replacing the database data within the ODB by the archive format version. To do this, install a stand-alone Firebird 2.5, and use its "gbak" tool to convert the file "database.fdb" to "database.fbk" within the odb file. Don't forget to remove the .fdb file.
- Trend line (regression) equation:
- Y name (default "
f(x)") and X name (default "
x") can be replaced by names defined by user tdf#100547 (Laurent BP)
- Y name (default "
Core / General
- Closing LibreOffice will no longer kill active UNO connections (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB). tdf#102274
- The bundled
libxmlseclibrary has been upgraded to 1.2.22, including our "OOXML Relationships Transform Algorithm" implementation upstream blog entry. (Miklos Vajna, Collabora)
Programmation & Support
Improvements in OpenXML filter
- Changes in import/export into .xlsx or .xls:
- Fix for looses width for hidden/collapsed grouped columns after export to .xlsx or .xls tdf#51524 (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- Landscape orientation are now properly saved after export to .xlsx (MS Excel compatible) tdf#48767 (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- Hidden and empty rows became hidden when export to .XLSX or .XLS file tdf#98106 (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- Outline columns and rows are saved correctly after export to XLSX tdf#100347 (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- During .xlsx export, XML_outlineLevelRow, XML_outlineLevelCol keys are now saved (Office365 compatible) tdf#101135 (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- Fix column width on MS Excel for macOS, after export to XLSX and XLS tdf#100946 (Bartosz Kosiorek; Markus Mohrhard)
- Fix precision of column width according to MS specification tdf#101363 (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- Fix for User Defined Custom Formatting which was not applied during importing XLSX documents tdf#70565 (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- Fix exporting of coloured empty cells to .xlsx and .xls documents tdf#46738 (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- Fix slow import of grouped pivot tables in .xlsx tdf#102694 (Zolnai Tamás)
- Number formats:
Improvements in the PDF filter
- PDF can be now inserted as an image into documents. blog entry. (Miklos Vajna, Collabora)
Improvements in the Binary Microsoft Office filters
- Changes in import from .doc and .xls
- The contemporary Microsoft Office default Binary Document encryption "RC4 CryptoAPI Encryption" is now supported (Caolán McNamara, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Keyboard shortcuts now appear in context menus and its visibility can be set in tdf#74377 (Maxim Monastirsky) ▸ ▸ ▸ .
- Redesign of the Colors, Gradients, Hatching and Bitmap tabs and the addition of a Pattern tab. tdf#94551 (Rishabh Kumar, GSoC 2016; Katarina Behrens, CIB; Heiko Tietze; Yousuf Philips)
- Default set of patterns. tdf#94547 (Yousuf Philips)
- "Open Template" has been added to the "Open" dropdown (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB) commit eb4ad667b
- Introduction of the Page Deck in the sidebar in Writer, housing four panels - Page Format Panel, Styles Panel, Header Panel and Footer Panel (see this blog entry) tdf#83830 (Susobhan Ghosh, GSoC 2016; Katarina Behrens, CIB; Yousuf Philips)
- Added "Import Bitmap" functionality to the Area Content Panel found in the Properties deck. tdf#90078 (Susobhan Ghosh, GSoC 2016; Katarina Behrens, CIB; Yousuf Philips)
- Added Styles Preview checkbox functionality to the Styles & Formatting Sidebar Deck. tdf#93845 (Susobhan Ghosh, GSoC 2016; Katarina Behrens, CIB; Yousuf Philips)
- Introduction of the new "Media Playback Panel" found in Properties deck when Media is selected (see this blog entry). tdf#87794 (Susobhan Ghosh, GSoC 2016; Katarina Behrens, CIB; Yousuf Philips)
- Introduction of the "Default Shapes Panel" in the new Shapes Deck (currently experimental) for Draw (see this blog entry). tdf#87643 (Susobhan Ghosh, GSoC 2016; Katarina Behrens, CIB; Yousuf Philips)
- New entry ▸ . Direct link to user guides and collateral documentation (Olivier Hallot, Christian Lohmaier, Heiko Tietze, Yousuf Philips, Samuel Mehrbrodt,Katarina Behrens )
- New entry ▸ . Direct link to community-supported forums and knowledge base (Olivier Hallot, Christian Lohmaier, Heiko Tietze, Yousuf Philips)
- The accent mark in Calc function names in the Spanish language (e.g. DÍA(), MÁX()) has been removed in version 5.2.3, as alignment to other spreadsheet implementations tdf#101981 (Adolfo Jayme Barrientos, Johnny_M)
New languages/locales with locale data
Available as default document language and for locale specific formatting.
Additional languages in the language list
Available for text attribution.
- Silesian [szl-PL], tdf#101540 (Eike Rathke (Red Hat, Inc.))
- Hungarian Rovas [hu-Hung-HU], tdf#97406 (Eike Rathke (Red Hat, Inc.))
Incorporation of other languages
Our goal is to support as many languages as possible. We would like to thank the following people for voluntary translation into LibreOffice and helps in preserving their native languages:
Improvements to proofing tools and language support
- European Portuguese language auto-correction files were synchronized with Brazilian Portuguese files tdf#97439 (Tiago Santos)
- adds 1936 automatic replacement entries, 11 new two caps word exceptions and 1726 new abbreviations.
- Croatian sentence exception list updated: added 66 new abbreviations.
- Noto Emoji font has been bundled for Emoji support (Akshay Deep) commit ecb096841a1d7b4d468ba111df4ebafc13134c8e
These features are not finalized, yet can be tried by early adopters. They can be enabled in▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ .
- Four toolbar modes have been added to make it easy for users to switch the visible toolbars, which can be done in tdf#101249 (Szymon Kłos, GSoC 2016; Yousuf Philips) ▸ .
- Implementation of the Extended Toolbar framework (see this blog entry) (Szymon Kłos, GSoC 2016; Jan Holešovský, Collabora; Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB; Yousuf Philips)
- Implementation of 3 layouts in the Extended Toolbar (Szymon Kłos, GSoC 2016; Yousuf Philips; Heiko Tietze)
- A toolbar control to insert Emojis has been added (Akshay Deep, GSoC; Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB)
Feature removal / deprecation
- The 'Human' icon theme has been removed (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB) commit d1f4b84fa
- The commit bb8040595c9b6f0ccde39e6833f27a50abb891d8 ▸ ▸ wizard has been removed. Instead a new template selection dialog is available when launching Impress. (Akshay Deep)
Under the Hood
See what changed under the hood.
UNO API changes
com.sun.star.frame.status.LeftRightMarginScalestruct is introduced (Szymon Kłos) commit 723467bd88a50323ccd2e4046d0a36332c664a66
- New templates for the file picker (Interface
com.sun.star.ui.dialogs.TemplateDescription) (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB):
- For extensions, it is now possible to binding to the XNotifyingDispatch for results (e.g. when uno.Save, was it okay or not) (Juergen Funk, CIB) tdf#99815
/org.openoffice.Office/Substitutionconfiguration schema is removed, and the
com.sun.star.util.PathSubstitutionservice no longer supports substitutions defined via the
/org.openoffice.Office/Substitution/SharePointsconfiguration set tdf#102630
- TerminationVetoException no longer prevents closing frames. If you throw the TerminationVetoException during shutdown, all frames will be closed, but the process will be kept alive. To restore the old behavior, use the CloseVetoException. (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB) tdf#102288
- The various GCC-based platforms no longer define a
HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY_FEATUREC/C++ macro in
settings/settings.mk(but still set the
-fvisibility=hiddencompiler flag) commit f255c3e96e25a43a4724d80287554d892d7ffd70